20

I was dressed in a black dress that had jewels on the top and was a sweet heart neck line, it had mesh shoulders and a silk bottom, the dress was matched with black wedges. My dark hair was curled and put to the side, I had a black and purple smokey eye for make up along with red lips. I had a necklace that had several birds on it and a big Jem in the middle, I also had on the ring that my dad gave me before I left to the capitol. I looked at myself in the mirror.

"Absolutely stunning." Dolly says.

"Thanks." I say quietly.

"Nervous?" She asks.

I nod, "yep."

"You'll do fine." She says.

"Where's Brandon?" I ask.

"He's getting some stuff finished, he'll meet you in the line." She says pushing me into the line behind the district 9 girl.

"Good luck." She says.

"Thanks."I reply.

"When Ceaser asks you if your ready for the games and everyone knows he will. Stand up and spin." Dolly says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Just do it." Dolly smiles, she gives me a hug and kisses my cheek then leaves.

I stood in line awkwardly shifting my weight from side to side.

"Nice dress, are you going to a funeral?" The girl from 9 asks turning around. She was wearing a light colored gown that had many ruffles in it. She was of darker skin and had short brown hair. I rolled my eyes at her and crossed my arms.
Don't make enemies I told myself.

"No reply?" She smirks, "doesn't matter, because you'll talk when I'm the one to kill you."

"Sorry, Klinton already wants my head. Good luck with that though." I smile.

"Screw Klinton, I'll get him too." She said then turned back around.

A few minutes later Brandon showed up, he stepped in front of me and stared at me.

"Hi?" I say.

"Hey." He replies, "you look nice."

"Thanks, so do you" I say awkwardly.

"Tributes five minutes until your on." A short bald man tells us.

I could hear Ceaser start to talk about last year's games and then move onto ours. The crowd started to get really loud and I got nervous more and more.

"You'll be fine poop eyes." Brandon smiles.

"Okay." I sigh but I didn't mean it. Soon we were all being pushed onto the stage and sat into chairs beside our district partner. The crowd got louder for every tribute that came onto the stage. I trailed behind Brandon, trying not to stumble on my shoes. I sat beside him and he took my hand in his. The interviews started. What's his face the boy from district 1 was first. He said all his stuff and then the girl replaced the empty chair beside Ceaser. I didn't pay much attention to anyone's besides Klinton ' s. He sounded strong and his face stayed the same the whole time. He said that he wouldn't stop until he was the last standing. By stop I'm guessing he means killing. I rolled my eyes at this. I zoned out for everyone's interviews, it was very very boring might I add. Until Brandon's name was called, this got my attention. Brandon strode to Ceaser and sat on the chair beside him, exactly how Richy told him too. They talked for a bit about strategies, strengths, and weaknesses which Brandon denied to tell. Then my name was mentioned.

"So you and Phoebe?" He asks.

"She's my best friend." Brandon replies.

"Really?" ceaser smiles.

"Yeah." Brandon laughs he shifted his position on the chair, "I mean we fight a lot but she's still my best friend." They talked a bit more until Brandon sat next to me and it was my turn. My name got called and I slowly got up and walked to the couch beside Ceaser.

"Hello Phoebe." He says.

"Hi." I smile.

"How are you enjoying the capitol." He asks.
Terrible what the hell is wrong with you cruel people? I think to myself, just lie.

"Great! The food here is amazing and everyone is so nice!" I reply moving a bit of hair out of my face.

"Good, good. So you got a score of 9 in training, how did you do it? What was your strategy?" Ceaser asks.

I laugh, "ceaser you know I can't tell you everything but I'll tell you that my good friend Klinton kept me very motivated. Give it up for klinton." I reply clapping my hands. The crowd claps as well for a very confused Klinton.

"Is there an alliance there?" Ceaser asks me.

"Oh god no." I laugh crossing my arms.

"So what will be your strategy in the games?" Ceaser asks.

I give the crowd my best sexy smile, "I'm gonna wing it." I say, the crowd laughs.

"How's home?" Ceaser asks.

"Great!" I reply, "cold, but great."

"And how are you coping being a tribute?" He asks.

"I'm coping pretty well." I reply.

"Now, in Brandons interview he mentioned that you were best friends how do you feel about this?" Ceaser asks.

"Were definitely best friends, I love him go death!" I say looking over at brandon, he blew me a kiss and the crowd burst into awh's.

"Now let's talk about your family." He says.

Great..

"Okay." I say, I knew my eyes were slowly changing to the dark green color.

"You live with your father and brother correct?" He asks

"Yes." I reply.

"And your brothers name is?"

"Toby."

"And your mother? She was a tribute wasn't she?" He asks.

"Yeah, my biological mother was." I add. The crowd grew silent, they were hanging off my every word wanting and needing to know more.

"You had another?" He asks.

"I did but she died a while ago." I say.

"You never met your real mother?" Ceaser asks.

I shake my head, "nope."

"And how do you view her right now?" He asks.

"She was intelligent and she could've won if it wasn't for that fake ally she had. Her interview dress was actually relevant to my eyes." I say pulling on my skin underneath my eye, this earned a small laugh from the crowd and a grin from Ceaser.

"Are you ready for the games?" He asks me. I took in a deep breath and smile I have no idea what im doing but here goes nothing.

"Oh Ceaser, of course I'm ready I mean look at me." I got up off my chair and started to spin, a bunch of black birds started to surround me. When they vansished I was wearing a completely different dress it still was black and had the sweetheart neckline but it was floor length. My arms started to raise and I saw that black wings had shot out of the back of my dress. The crowd was cheering super loud, louder then I have ever heard.

"I'm a warrior!" I exclaim. The crowd stood up and applauded and screamed and they just went crazy. Soon i heard the sound of class breaking all I saw was black.