33

I really want a trailer for this book but I don't have the right technology or skill to make one xD Oh and just so you know there will be no feast during the games.

The day transitioned into
night and so far nothing at all had happened. You could hear the birds and squirrels in the trees and a small scent of fire lingered in the air.
Nobody had died during the day, leaving 6 tributes still. The game makers would start go get bored and push us together soon.
I sat on the sleeping bag, looking up at the stars.
"See that?" I ask pointing to a constellation in the sky, "That's the big dipper."
"Smart with constellations huh?" Brandon asks, "lay down with me."
I do and point to another constellation.
"That's the little dipper." I say, "and the one to the left of it is Hercules."
"How do you know this?" Brandon asks.
I shrug, "My dad taught me."
"My dad taught me how to tie my shoes." He says, "or was that my mom?"
Silence flooded the arena. The animals had stopped making noises completely. Then there was a scream, a blood curdling scream. It made my hair stand up on end and goosebumps form on my body. But there was no cannon.
"Phoebe, we have to go." Brandon whispers quickly packing up all our stuff. I stay quiet but help him pick up everything and we quickly leave. I clutched my knife in my hand tightly.
I felt a warmth on my back and turned to see the whole forest was on fire, it was spreading to the clearing and fast. Then the ground started to explode.
"Run!" I yell. This was it, we were being pushed into death match already.
I ran as fast as I could with all the weapons.
"We have to drop the weapons!" I yell, they were slowing us down. I knew going into the death match it would be a disadvantage with only a few weapons but we had too.
Brandon dropped the spears and I dropped the bow and arrow. We were left with my knives and his sword. the ground shook and all you could hear behind us were explosions. We quickly ran through the stream, getting soaked in the process. I saw the opening to the cornucopia and ran towards it.
Brandon obviously has the same idea as me because he was heading the same way.
When we got in it became ice cold and the entrance sealed.
"This is it." I say.
Brandon looked at me. You could see in his eyes how scared he was. I jusy hoped you couldn't see the fear in my face.
I took his hand, "We're a team," I say looking into his eyes, "If you fall, so do I."
With that we quietly walked towards the cornucopia. I hid close to the wall and caught glympse of Klinton and Lilly. Lilly was on the ground with severe burns and cuts on her body. The majority of her clothes had been burned or ripped off.
"One of them is hurt." I whisper.
"They're distracted let's attack." Brandon says walking into the open.
"No Brandon!" I whisper loudly but it was too late they'd seen us.
"Well, hello there." Klinton purrs. I stand next to Brandon. Klinton smiles, I hate that smile.
"Phoebe, long time no see." He says.
"Yeah last time I saw you, you killed your own ally." I say.
"Hey, one less person to kill off." He shrugs.
"What about her?" Brandon asks.
"Oh, her?" Klinton says, "When the fire started she got caught in it and took some nasty burns. Believe me when I tell you it wasn't fun dragging her here. But I was just going to end her suffering because I'm just so so nice." He raises his sword above her.
"Please Klinton, please don't." She whimpers through her sobs. He brings his sword down and she screams.
"You sick bastard." I growl.
"Want to kill me?" Klinton growls back, "come get me."
I grip my knife tight and throw it at him. He dodged it and quickly I grabbed another knife and ran towards him. He pulled out his sword and starts swinging. I fall to the ground and stab his foot and leg with my knife, then quickly stand back up. He swings at me again and his sword nicks my arm. I duck under his next swing and while hes thinking his next move I ram into him, pushing him to the ground, his sword skids across the ground. He scratches my face with his nails and rolls over so its me on my back. Shit.
"So close." He says, grabbing a hold of my neck, "I'd prefer to kill you with my own hands anyway."
"Brandon." I try to cough out.
"Awe, he left." Klinton says, "I'll make this slow."
I can feel my face turning red. I try to push him off but he's way to heavy. Slowly I grab another knife from their place in the thing on my leg. Once I get a grin on one I pull it closer to me and stab it into Klinton's stomach. He starts to cough blood on my face and he falls over, dead.
Boom.
I scramble from the ground and search for Brandon.
"Awe, you stole my kill." A voice behind me says. I turn. Lightning.
She has Brandon with his sword to his neck.
"And your sweet sweet Brandon also supported me with a weapon." She says, "You know, I thought Klinton would've taken care of you but hey, never send a man to do a woman's job."
I grab another knife and brace myself.
"Let him go." I say.
"You know I would but I think you should make me." She purrs.
I walk closer to her. She lets go of Brandon and swings the sword at him.
"No!" I yell and run in front of him. I feel a sharp pain in my left arm and I fall to the ground.
"Phoebe!" I hear Brandon yell. I look to see what had happened and I'm missing my arm.
My vision had started go go blurry, my hearing became buzzy. The last thing I saw was Brandon take Klintons sword and kill Lightning with it before everything went black.