7

I heard birds chirping in the morning and for a second that was home. But the lack of discomfort in the bed and the smell of vanilla made me realize I wasn't. My hands trailed over the blankets, my eyes looking around the room. It had light brown walls and a chocolate carpet, the blankets were white and the pillows were black. In the corner was a couch that was a black leather, infront of it was a glass table. It was similar to Brandon's due to placement but the colors were different. I propped myself up with my elbow, my eyes still wondered the room until they landed on a small peice of paper. Slowly I made my way to the paper, I picked it up and read it.

Richy said to put you in your room to sleep so I did -Brandon.

Right, I fell asleep in his room. I think to myself.

I made my way to the door and opened it. My feet ached every step I took, I wasn't to keen on wearing heels ever. I only did to special occasions like the reaping, or parties.

"Finally awake eh?" Dill says at the table.

I look at Brandon who is sitting across from Dill. He gives me a small half smile.

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"Ways to survive," Brandon replies, "It would be in best interest for you to learn them, I don't have to."

"Would you stop saying your not going to die, we are a team!" I scold him.

"Richy, bring the popcorn!" Dill calls.

"And you! It should be in your best interest to mentor us considering its our lives on the line," I say to Dill, "Everyone knows you hate doing this mentor thing, look at it this way if we win you won't have to."

"Sponsers. " Dill says.

"And how do we get them?" I ask.

"For starters follow Brandon," Dill says. I look over at the chair Brandon was sitting at, empty. I spot him at the window waving at capitol citizens, we have arrived. "He knows what he's doing."

I rush to sit next to Brandon. My fame only lasts about 5 seconds before the citizens disappear.

"Make yourselves look presentable, and smile were leaving in fifteen," Richy says walking into the room, "Especially you Phoebe, major bed head and the capitol citizens saw you like that? yeesh. "

Both Dill and Brandon started to laugh

"Wow thanks. " I say to all of them and head to my room to fix my hair.

I let out a groan when I see my hair.

So much for sponsers, I think to myself, You blew it.

I fix my hair and put it into a braid falling down my back. My eye catching something black on my bed, an outfit. It was a black tank top which was on the shorter side and had the number 10 on the back, along with it was black leggings and black boots.

I put them on and walked back to the dining cart.

"Hey bed heads back!" Dill laughs pointing towards me. I roll my eyes towards him and plop myself on the couch next to Brandon.

"Up up! No sitting down we are about to leave!" Richy scolds us. He turns around, his back facing us and stares at the door as it starts to lift.

A bright light blinds my vision and suddenly I start to shake. I was scared, in less then 3 days im going to be placed in an arena to fight other people to the death until only two remain. I start to breathe heavily as my hand starts searching for Brandon's until I can feel the warmth of his hand conjoined with mine.

"It's okay Phoebe. " Brandon half smiles. But we both knew he was lying.

"I'm fine." I speak. My grip on his hand became tighter as we started to walk. He didn't seem to mind although. We were taken into a room to be looked at and styled for the Tribute Parade tonight.

The room was all white, everything was white. Four people approached me and Brandon. They looked very odd like most capitol citizens did. The two girls had purple and gold hair that matched their eyes. Their teeth were spaced apart and they had markings on their tongues. The two boys on the other hand had bright red hair, both of them. Their eyes were purple and they had ink on their noses that looked similar to the girl's markings.

"Hi Phoebe!" One of the girls said to me.

"I'm Cleshia and this is Tilliana and were are your prep team!" One of the males added on.

I felt Brandon's hand release from mine and he was taken away by the other two people.

"Shall we go?" Tilliana asks.

"Yes we shall!" Cleshia replies. They both take one of my hands and drag me to a room, laughing like no ones around but them.