003

︰୨୧・꒱ ────sixth year: sunday or never

ᥫ᭡

⌜ •   °    +   °   •   ⌝summary ::athena suspects she's falling out of love with james

summary ::
athena suspects she's falling out of love with james. things between athena and regulus's rivalry get physical. a partnered project is set and ... yikes.

notes ::
thank you for the reads so far!
⌞ °   •    +   •   °   ⌟

"and you're kissin' to cut through the gloom

7th september 1977,

"you going?"

rumours of a slytherin party were in the air. it was supposed to be for 'back to school', but it's been more than a week since school started.

james and athena were discussing the party in the gryffindor common rooms. like always, james snuck her in.

"might be," james responded. "don't know about remus, though, it's a full moon. and i think sirius will be taking care of him. so it'll just be me and peter."

"and me," marlene butted in. "me, mary and 'cas are coming, too. so will lily, i assume."

"panda coming?" james asked athena. she nodded.

james shifted and rested his back against the sofa behind him. he let athena lay her head on his lap and he began playing with her hair.

"you looked pretty pissed yesterday," he said, slightly pouting his lips. athena huffed and rolled her eyes.

"fucking regulus again," she moaned. "he said some shot about my mum. he's sick."

james massaged her forehead and nodded, "he's a dickhead. don't let it bother you too much, though."

she sat up and he kissed her suddenly. her heart raced under his touch, but she didn't feel the same sparks that she did years ago. she kissed him back, and she scoffed to feel something but it still felt off to her.

smiling, james pulled off and traced her face with his fingers.

"what's wrong?" he asked, startled at her expression.

"nothing," she lied. staring at his beautiful eyes made her feel guilty for even thinking that.

thinking that, maybe, they were falling out of love and she didn't like him anymore. or maybe it was just a stupid thought. it's not that easy to 'fall out of love.'