014

︰୨୧・꒱  ────sixth year: distorted

ᥫ᭡

⌜ •   °    +   °   •   ⌝summary ::dreams

summary ::
dreams.

notes ::
this was really short :// sorry. filler chapter. :).
⌞ °   •    +   •   °   ⌟

"coulda drowned in it„

21st january 1978,

athena's head throbbed as she woke up, someone standing over her and shaking her awake.

"psst. tina," the voice whispered gently. "wake up, love."

her eyes slowly opened, the blurry image of the person slowly clearing. as she sat up, she noticed it was regulus and smiled. but soon after, she remembered what had happened last night and her smile dropped.

"what's the time?" she asked, realising how dark it was.

"four in the morning," he said. "we'd better get you out before potter gets pissed."

"potter doesn't own me," she spat. "and, besides, why do you care? you seemed to enjoy confusing the shit out of me yesterday."

"i'm sorry — what?"

"you made me feel wanted when you begged me to come to your game ... then you — you got mad at me for being nice to james. and — well i don't need to tell you what came after that." she realised how hungover she was and soothed her head with her hand. "then you bring me here. me; a half-blood ravenclaw that every slytherin corners. then you fuck off to some random girl when i stopped dancing."

regulus noticed her soothing her head and stood up, grabbing water from a nearby table. when he came back, he gave her the water and helped her sit up, not saying anything.

"i don't want anything from you," he finally said. "this doesn't have to be something. it was meaningless, okay? meant fuck all."

"what?" she scoffed. "i know it meant nothing. but i still want us to be friends."

"you don't understand, jenkins," he said, watching her take a sip of water. "we're nothing anymore. we can't be."