020

︰୨୧・꒱  ────sixth year: trust me?

ᥫ᭡

⌜ •   °    +   °   •   ⌝summary::huge step for athena and regulus!! who cheered?!notes::told you i'd write more⌞ °   •    +   •   °   ⌟

summary::
huge step for athena and regulus!! who cheered?!
notes::
told you i'd write more
⌞ °   •    +   •   °   ⌟

"but i still mean every word i said to you„
2nd may 1978.

she walked into his dorm for the first time in what felt like forever. his things were laid in front of her, perfectly placed, of course as he'd only just unpacked. his suitcase was sticking out from under the bed like it was begging to catch athena's attention and make her feel guilty. well, the stupid suitcase worked. thinking back to the reason he left, guilt did in fact wash over her. she had so much apologising to do.

instantly, she spun around to him, his face filled with sorrow.

"reggie, i'm so—"

"no, it's fine," he said. "we're even. i just want to talk about where we are, no apologies or forgiving."

athena's ears went slightly pink but she smiled with a nod, her shoulders dropping in relief. she was pretty awful at accountability, she knew that.

walking closer to her, regulus began talking again, "i shouldn't have closed the option of us being a thing off so quickly."

"it's your choice," she mumbled quietly, her voice barely a whisper. "no one can force you."

"i know, but i didn't even consider it. i just ran away from the idea." he takes a shaky breath in, sounding like his voice might break. but, no, regulus black doesn't feel emotional this easily.

"i like you, too, regulus," she said, referencing what he told her before they stopped talking. "by the way. when you told me that, i was so blinded by rage, i didn't tell you back. but i do. and i don't admit that often, you know."

"really?" he jokingly asked, smiling brighter than she'd ever seen. truly, she didn't even realise he could show this much joy on his face. "look, i don't want to be boyfriend-girlfriend straight away—"

"oh, yeah. no, no," athena laughed, shaking her head quickly.

"let's start with.. a date."