023

︰୨୧・꒱  ────sixth year: mirror of erised.

ᥫ᭡

⌜ •   °    +   °   •   ⌝summary :: athena & regulus both discover something scary and ath leaves the hospital wing!'notes :: NEARING THE END <3⌞ °   •    +   •   °   ⌟

⌜ • ° + ° • ⌝
summary :: athena & regulus both discover something scary and ath leaves the hospital wing!'
notes :: NEARING THE END <3
⌞ ° • + • ° ⌟

"but i didn't pour the whiskey
21st may 1978,

the sound of glass breaking woke her up in the middle of the night. the wing was supposed to be empty now, she was the only overnight patient.

she shot upright and looked around, aware that she was alone. well, unless there was someone lurking in the shadows.

shuffling noises came from the other end of the room until suddenly, her curtains were whipped open and she gasped, holding onto the edges of her bed.

"tina, shh," regulus hushed, leaning down and sitting on the stool left by her bedside. he managed to shut the curtains around them once she stopped panicking.

"you're the one who broke that glass," she hissed. suddenly, the events of yesterday came back to her and her face softened — her eyes not as icy as they were a second ago. "sorry. i just hate it here."

"i know," he said, clearing his throat. "i feel so responsible, y'know? i know it wasn't our fault but.."

"forget it, it's pointless to dwell." she tried to comfort him, but when she felt so uneasy herself it was quite challenging. "regulus. earlier— i was stupid and naïve. i don't have any excuses, i just want you to know i don't think any of you are evil. i shouldn't have been so closed-minded.. i really sounded like james."

the boy beside her laughed, skimming his fingers over a 'get well soon' card that was left for her.

"they came to visit you," he said after a few moments of silence. "sirius and his mates. he saw me. i could just tell he knew you found out. probably a brother thing but.. he didn't tell anyone. i don't know why."

"because he loves you," she said, sitting up.

"yeah, okay." he shook his head, holding onto the blanket so it still covered athena as she shifted around. "lupin forgives you, by the way. evans told him the state you were in and i guess he thought it was because of the slytherins tormenting you."