009

︰୨୧・꒱  ────sixth year: first fall of snow

ᥫ᭡

⌜ •   °    +   °   •   ⌝summary ::james&athena

⌜ • ° + ° • ⌝
summary ::
james&athena .. are back?

regulus saying some confusing stuff to athena. as usual.

notes ::
next chapter is going to be christmas because i'm realising how bad my time is in this story. my bad.
⌞ ° • + • ° ⌟

"and how it glistened as it fell .. i remember it all too well„

1st november 1977,

"morning."

that raspy, sleepy, morning voice rang in athena's ears as her eyes slowly drifted back open; sunlight leaking in and blinding her.

she rubbed her head, feeling the hangover hit her hard. regulus leaned over her, staring down.

"mate. back off a little," she moaned, covering her eyes so she didn't have to make eye contact. "your breath stinks."

"i just couldn't tell if you were waking up or not," he said, backing up again and sitting on the edge of panda's bed.

athena moaned again, turning over in bed, covering her head with a pillow. regulus slowly peeled the pillow over her head.

"you've got to wake up," he whispered. "your boyfriend knocked a minute ago — he wants you awake in half an hour."

"shit."

athena sat up in bed and smiled at regulus. she knew this was when he left and explained the whole 'can't be friends' situation.

"you gonna leave now, frieeeend?" she asked.

"athena."

"what?"

he stared at her hard, clenching his jaw. "stop acting like it's easy for us to be friends. please. you don't understand the situation like i do."

"i don't want to be your friend, you fucking narcissist. i just want you to stop relying on me," she said. "or even be able to tolerate me."