Chapter 18: A Newcomer and The Room of Requirement

• Dedicated to All my fans <3

Nico's POV

We were now having the Defence against the Dark Arts secret lessons in secret.

As in secret secret, like from every single person secret, instead of just that hag, Umbridge. She must have known about our meeting at the Hog's Head or she wouldn't have passed the degree about clubs needing permission to continue.

Harry was furious and so was Percy. I could tell by looking at them because they both were so alike. Stubborn, occasionally pig-headed but powerful with amazing leadership skills. Both were absolutely itching for a fight and it was obvious. Percy had moodily played with his food throughout breakfast while Harry, Ron and Hermione had dealt with the other students. Deciding that we have had enough of lessons and since it wasn't exactly compulsory for us to attend them anyways, Percy decided to head down to the lake with all of us in tow. Stripping down, he jumped straight into the lake to explore all the underwater creatures.

Knowing that he would take an excruciatingly long time, added with the fact that he was in a bad mood, the rest of us sat down and got comfortable. Annabeth was struggling to read some books about magic borrowed from the library, Thalia and Clarisse were going at each other again in low tones, Grover was Iris-messaging his girlfriend, Tyson was building something and as for me, I was extremely bored. Feeling restless, I got up again and decided to improve my skills at shadow travelling. Annabeth called out to me worriedly as I turned for the woods.

"Where are you going, Nico?"

"I'm bored," I shrugged. "I'm heading down to the forest to practice shadow travelling. Don't worry, I'll just be heading back to camp and maybe London. I won't go far, promise."

"But the last time you went alone, you were attacked and ended up in the hospital wing," Annabeth argued. "I really don't think this is a good idea."

"Yeah but then I was taken by surprise. I'll be more alert this time and keep an eye out for trouble." I forced an innocent smile.

"Oh lighten up, Annabeth. If the kid's bored, let him wander around a little." Clarisse interrupted, rolling her eyes.

I grinned and walked off. As I reached the forbidden forest however, I got a sudden eerie feeling that I was being watched. Stopping in my tracks, I glanced around suspiciously, feeling uneasy. My eyes darted around and just as I was about to wave my suspicions as paranoia, I spotted what looked like the tip of a finger sticking out from a tree. At first, I was taken aback and was ready to go on the offense when another idea came to my mind. Smirking, I decided to have some fun.

Leaning my back against another tree, I quietly summoned up an undead. Sending it forward, I closed my eyes and waited for the screams. Sure enough, a terrified yell started up seconds later and I opened my eyes to see a guy about my age stumbling backwards and dropping to the ground, his expression wild and filled with pure terror. Setting my expression into a cold, hard stare, I stood straight up, the leaves crunching under my feet. The petrified boy whipped his head towards me and his face turned pale when he realized he had been discovered.

"And you are ..?" I asked him coldly.

"J-James H-H-Hethon," he stammered, keeping one eye on my minion while subtly trying to edge away from the both of us. "P-please ... Is that your doing?" He pointed a trembling finger at the skeleton.

"And if it is?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Please make it go away. I'll explain why I was following you and everything, I swear!"

I pretended to think about it for a moment and when I nodded, his face lit up as he scrambled to his feet. Snapping my fingers, the skeleton crumbled into dust and James walked towards me, stretching out his arm with a somewhat excited smile on his face.