Chapter 25: The Weasley Twins

• Dedicated kay Every single one of you still reading this <3

Nico’s POV

I sat on the bench in the courtyard in despair, my thoughts all over the place. Things were going from bad to worse.  So many things had happened since they left.

First of all, the DA meetings were over and it’s all because of that snitch, Marietta, Cho’s friend. I must say, all of us were absolutely proud of Hermione when Harry described how well the jinx worked on her face. Of course, that doesn’t change the fact that the DA was never going to happen again but it still cheered us up a little.

Secondly, Dumbledore was gone, having been accused of building a secret army when the DA was discovered. That was the worst thing that could have ever happened. Hogwarts was guaranteed safe with him here seeing as Voldemort was afraid of him but with him gone now, who was suppose to protect us?

Thirdly, Harry was currently being questioned in Umbridge’s office, no doubt about the whereabouts of Dumbledore and to top it all, Percy was now missing, along with Annabeth and Clarisse. We haven’t received any news from them in at least a month and when we tried IM-ing them, it never once got through. We contacted the Hunters and even they told us that the trio hadn’t talked to them.

I groaned softly. “Gods. What in Tarturus is going on?” I muttered dejectedly to myself.

Grover sat next to me, looking equally down in spirits. Neither one of us had the heart to tell Tyson that his brother was missing because we knew that he would probably cry his heart out worrying and go into depression. So he was now still happily ignorant of what was going on and none of us were planning of telling him anytime soon. At least, not until we had some concrete evidence.

Oh, and of course who could have forgotten the evil psycho out there trying to kill Harry? All in all, I think this could have been one of the worst timing in the history in all demigods. At the exact time Harry figured out Percy’s message from Thalia and discovered the horrible news that Voldemort knew the way to obtain the secret weapon, Percy had to go missing with no way of finding out what happened to the three of them.

To be honest, I was afraid. I was afraid for Thalia and I was afraid that Voldemort had gotten his hands on Percy, Annabeth and Clarisse and were torturing them right this very moment. I hadn’t realised that my body had been trembling lightly until Grover placed a comforting hand on my shoulder.

“Thanks,” I said quietly, glancing over at him and he just nodded, focusing his attention back to his thoughts.

“I suppose the only thing we can look forward right now would be whatever Fred and George are up to,” he sighed, leaning back and staring up at the sky.

“You know,” I stated. “To be honest, I don’t really know why we’re still here.”

“What do you mean?” Grover asked curiously, turning his head to my direction.

“We’ve already learned so much about wizards. Dementors, hexes, jinxes, spells, magical creatures, Herbology … but we haven’t found anything yet to actually help us with all the monsters.”

“Well, they are brilliant at destroying them,” he offered.

“That’s true,” I agreed. “But we can’t drag them around in every quest we do and make them fight monsters for us can we?”

“Yeah, you’re right,” he conceded after a moment of silence. “And I doubt we’re much help in destroying Voldemort either …”

“Exactly,” I said firmly.

“So, what? Do we leave now?” he asked uncertainly,

“No,” I shook my head. “There’s no way we can leave. We have no idea where Percy, Annabeth and Clarisse are and if they come back, they’ll be expecting us here. We’ll have to stay here and wait patiently.”