Chapter 5: The Story Is Told

Harry Potter

I knew something was wrong as soon as I stepped through the pillar. Screams came from every direction and I froze, thinking that Voldemort was here or at least, the Death Eaters. We simultaneously pulled out our wands as a roar came from our front. A girl was struggling under a paw of a huge .. Lion/goat thing. I exchanged a bemused glance with Ron. Hermione, as usual, knew what it was. Ginny stared at in shock while Fred and George gave each other grins.

"It's a Chimera," She murmured, stunned. "But .. they aren't suppose to exist!"

"Hermione," Ron said, rolling his eyes. "Wizards aren't suppose to exist either."

"Hate to interrupt guys, but a muggle is being hurt and will probably die if we don't help her," I pointed out. Looking embarrassed, they nodded and faced the creature but before we could utter a spell, someone yelled, "Petrificus Totalus!".

I looked around wildly to spot whoever who cast that and gave a grin as I noticed our ex-DADA teacher, Professor Lupin, who was walking towards our direction. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a familiar looking black-haired boy and a bunch of teenager rushing over to the girl. They were holding guns and sticks, much to my surprise. Even if they had escaped the monster, they would probably be arrested by the police.

"Why did you think the Chimera showed up? It can't be after Harry, can it?" Hermione looked at both of us and whispered.

"No," I shook my head. "Voldemort doesn't want me dead and that monster looked like it wanted to kill those bunch of teenagers."

"Blimey, they're young," Ron said, staring at them. We all looked away, however as the teenager with the black hair looked over at us. As Lupin got closer to us, we all beamed at him, pleased. He was the best DADA teacher we ever had.

"Hey, we best get going," Lupin nodded at us and looked around nervously. "C"mon, you lot."

We made our way through the crowd and was almost out of the door when the teenager who was with the girl we just saved rushed up to us. "Hey, wait up!" He yelled and put a hand on my shoulder, stopping me in my tracks.

Lupin immediately turned around and pointed his wand at him. "Who're you?" he demanded, glaring at the teenager, who wisely backed up.

"I just needed to speak to him," He explained, pointing towards me. "Are you guys .. by any chance, wizards?" He asked hesitantly.

We exchanged panicked looks as Lupin said with a warning tone in his voice, "We have no idea what you're talking about."

"I saw you! I saw him," He said, jabbing his finger at me, "In my dreams!"

That caught my attention. "Wait, dreams?" I interrupted Lupin, who was about to speak and stood in front of the teenager. I struggled as I tried to remember where I saw him.

"Yeah, you've been in my dreams for weeks! And I want to know why," He demanded to know just as his friends joined him. Hermione gave a soft squeak and I didn't blame her. They looked strong and they were still holding weapons in their hands. I didnt who would be able to attack faster and I didn't want to find out. I had a bad feeling that it might not be us.

My eyes widened as I heard him say that last line. I knew him! "I know you! You were in my dreams too!" I told him, confused and turned towards Lupin. "Professor Lupin, I think he, they, should come with us."

"Are you sure?" He frowned at the boy. "Because I could just perform the mind-wipe spell on them right now."

I lowered my voice. "I'm sure. I think they're a way to help us defeat Voldemort. So what's your name?" I asked, turning back to him.