Chapter 19: Thalia's Departure and Hagrid's Return

Percy's POV

The weeks following up to the start of DA was brilliant. Even seeing Umbridge's face every now and then didn't do anything to bring me down. In fact, I felt smug every time I see her toad-like face, knowing that we were going against everything she tried to teach us and she didn't even realise it.

I couldn't say the same for Ron. The Quidditch match between Gryffindor and Slytherin was fast approaching and he was a nervous wreck. Harry seemed calm enough with the insults and attacks piling up on all sides but his best friend wasn't used to it and couldn't contain his nerves..

When the morning of the match came, he didn't look any better. Sweaty and pale, he sat at the Gryffindor table, frozen to the spot as Harry tried encouraging him into eating something. I noticed that every single Slytherin was wearing some sort of crown on their robes. Frowning, I squinted my eyes to take a better look and was so close to making out the words when Luna's roaring lion hat made me jump. I hadn't even noticed that she had approached our table. "... Good luck, Ronald!" I caught the end of her sentence as she gave us all a dreamy smile and drifted off.

Ignoring the fact that we were being invaded now by Angelina, Katie and Alicia, I turned back to face the Slytherins again. My breath caught when I realised the words imprinted on the badge were Weasley is our King. Swallowing an uneasy feeling, I turned back towards the table just in time to see Harry and Ron rising from the table.

Giving them a lazy grin, I said, "Good luck out there. Thrash that idiot Malfoy."

Harry smirked and the both of them walked off.

Moments later, all of us were waiting impatiently in the stands. Seeing as it was our first Quidditch match, it was needless to say that all of us were rather excited to see how it would turn out. I half wished I was part of the game myself but since I was a newbie, I'd rather not jeopardise their chance of winning the Quidditch Cup.

When the Slytherins started singing, my blood boiled with anger and my hands clenched into fists. I had no idea who started this stupid suggestion of singing a song about Ron. Frankly, the lyrics were just plain rude and I was so mad that I wanted to kill the whole lot of them. As the teams emerged, shouts, cheers and jeers began to fill the air. I joined in until I glanced over to my friends. All of them were doing the same ... except Thalia. Her brows were furrowed, her mouth pulled down into a frown and her expression troubled. I was about to ask her what was wrong when the whistle blew and the game started. Unable to help myself, my attention was pulled fully towards the match.

I tried not wince as Ron seemed to realise the lyrics of the song and his face turned green, his hands visibly shaking even from where I stood. I looked helplessly at him, unable to do anything but hope for the best that he would pull together. My hopes were dashed as he let in three goals all at once. Harry, who I had noticed hovering in the air watching Ron anxiously, seemed in a hurry now to find the Golden Snitch. Thankfully, Gryffindor found a reason to cheer later when Angelina finally scored. I yelled along with the rest and could barely keep a lid on my excitement when Harry suddenly dived down, with Malfoy streaking down next to him.

"C'mon Harry. You can do it," I muttered, trying to give myself reassurance that we would have the smug pleasure of winning and not those bloody Slytherins. My heart raced as the two fought against each other, both struggling to win for their houses. I could barely breathe when both of them stretched their hands out. Closer ... closer ... and Harry got it! The Gryffindors exploded into cheers and shouts which soon turned to angry yells when a Bludger slammed into Harry's back and sent him crashing to the ground. I saw Angelina landing next to him and hurrying over to check on him. A wave of relief crashed over me when I saw Harry standing up, seemingly unhurt and he exchange words with Angelina.