Chaper 15: Detention

This chapter's a little boring, I'm sorry :') But I decided to follow almost every chapter through with the demigods' side of the story because, well, the story was already told in the wizards' POV :D

And I did wanted to continue on writing but well, I know some of you has been asking me to update and I was rather lazy to continue. So here ya go!

One last thing, I'm sorry if I won't be able to update for quite a while. Because I'll be leaving on holiday in a few weeks and I might not be able to update by then. Hope you guys can be patient!

Now enjoy the story :3

Percy’s POV

After another infuriating Care of Magical Creatures lesson with the Slytherins and an exhausting class of Herbology with the Hufflepuffs, we headed back up to the castle for dinner, weary and stomachs empty.

Seeing as both Harry and I had our first detention with Umbridge at five o’clock, we made a beeline for the Great Hall without dropping off our stuff in Gryffindor Tower to bolt something down as we were starving. We were about to reach the entrance of the Great Hall when a furious voice yelled from behind, “Oi, Potter!”

“So close,” I cursed at the same time Harry muttered, “What now?”

“I’ll tell you what now,” Angelina Johnson said angrily, marching up to Harry and poking him in the chest. “How come you’ve landed yourself in detention for five o’clock on Friday?”

“What?” Harry asked. “Why ... oh yeah, Keeper tryouts.”

“Now he remembers!” Angelina snarled, sounding just like Clarisse. “Didn’t I tell you I wanted to do a tryout with the whole team, and find someone who fitted in with everyone? Didn’t I tell you I’d booked the Quidditch pitch specially? And now you’ve decided you’re not going to be there!”

“I didn’t decide not to be there!” Harry replied, looking offended. “I got detention from that Umbridge woman, just because I told her the truth about You-Know-Who.”

“Well, you can just go straight to her and ask her to let you off on Friday and I don’t care how you do it. Tell her You-Know-Who’s a figment of your imagination, if you like, just make sure you’re there!” With those words, Angelina stormed off with a huff.

“You know what?” Harry asked us, looking annoyed. “I think we’d better check with Puddlemere United whether Oliver Wood’s been killed during a training session, because Angelina seems to be channelling his spirit.”

As we sat down at the Gryffindor table, I noticed Clarisse acting quieter than usual. It was unlike her to not bully someone out of their seats that every one of us had noticed. Annabeth and Thalia exchanged concerned looks before turning to me with a pointed glare. I rolled my eyes. Great, now it was my job to comfort Clarisse, out of all people.

“Clarisse, what’s wrong?” I asked her quietly. “You’re acting weird today.”

She looked up at me and for a moment, I saw a hint of insecurity in her eyes before it faded away, replaced instead by her usual hard glare. “Nothing’s wrong, punk. Maybe you hit your head hard or something but does it look like something happened?”

“Well, yeah actually, it does.” Nico spoke up from opposite us.

“Didn’t you say you were going to contact camp? Is it something ...” Grover trailed off, his voice quavering as Clarisse turned to glare at him.

“Clarisse, did something happen at camp?” I questioned her urgently. “Because it if did, we have a right to know too.”

I look to Thalia and Annabeth for support and they nodded.