Chapter 7: Diagon Alley

Percy's POV

My first thought when Molly told me to throw powder into the fireplace then to step into it.

WHAT?

It was the morning where we were suppose to be travelling to Diagon Alley to get our school stuff. Harry had returned to us not too long ago and he'd already been attacked by Dementors. Dementors are like vampires who don't glitter apparently, although this one sucks out your soul. He has to go to a Ministry hearing soon. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes at this moment.

Back to the travelling part. Like a normal person would, I thought we would be travelling in a vehicle there, not into a fire. As you probably know, I am not a big fan of fires although that's where being the son of Poseidon comes in handy. Before my brain could even processed the thought of stepping into the fire and possibly burning myself, Ron stepped forward.

"Here, I'll demonstrate," Ron grabbed a pinch of Floo Powder and threw them into the fireplace, which blazed green. He stepped into the fireplace, yelled Diagon Alley and then vanished in a whirl. I looked over to Annabeth nervously before stepping forward to Molly.

"Remember dear, keep your elbows tucked in. Say the words clearly and you'll appear next to Ron," She smiled kindly at me before handing over the pot. Looking nervously at the fire, I took a pinch of Floo Powder and threw it in. It turned green, just like it did for Ron and felt warm as I stepped into it. Visibly relaxing, I took a deep breath .. and immediately choked.

"D-diagon Alley!" I coughed out and suddenly I felt myself spinning. Trying to heed the advice Molly told me, I tucked in my elbows, but clearly not early enough as I slammed it into a wall and causing a jolt of pain to travel up my arm. Continuously spinning around, I stared out at all the fireplaces I passed, including a one where someone was staring into it. I think I gave whoever it was a heart attack.

Suddenly, I slammed into the ground. Groaning, I looked up to see Ron's face grinning down at me. He helped me up as I dusted myself off. Looking around while waiting for the others to arrive, I was speechless.

It was probably a wizard's heaven. There were stores everywhere selling broomsticks, cauldrons, pets of different kinds and even an ice-cream store called Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour. There were wizards everywhere wearing robes, chatting with each other or just doing their shopping. It was an amazing sight and I didn't even noticed that everyone had arrived. My friends' expressions were full of awe as they gazed around.

"Welcome to Diagon Alley!" Fred said proudly, gesturing around.

"Well, we're off to go and buy some stuff from Zonko's. See you all later," George went off to Fred.

"Remember to meet up with us at Flourish and Blotts! We need to get all of you new books!" Molly called after them, looking worried. "For their sake, they better not enter Knockturn Alley." She turned back to us with a troubled expression.

"Don't worry Mum, they wouldn't dare," Ginny smiled at her. "Let's go buy our robes from Madam Malkin." She dragged Molly and Arthur off, who made us promise the same thing as the twins.

"So where do you want to go first?" Hermione asked us all.

Ron and Harry simultaneously looked at each other, grinning and said, "Quality Quidditch Supplies."

Hermione sighed, "Don't you have to get some money first?"

"She has a point," Nico pointed out.

"What's Gringrotts?" Grover asked, nervously glacing around as if someone would attack him.

"It's the most famous bank in the wizarding world. Actually, it might be the only one. Goblins and wizards guard it and it's almost impossible to steal from it and escape unnoticed. There are so many enchantments and strong security measures that you have to be mad to break in," Hermione explained to us as we approached a large multistoried building.