Chapter 10: Off to Hogwarts

Thalia's POV

It was chaotic.

Fred and George had came of age and were now using magic at every chance they got. On the day we were travelling to Hogwarts, they had bewitched their trunks to fly downstairs to save the bother of carrying them and instead, they hurtled right into Ginny and sent her flying down two whole flight of stairs. I winced as both Molly and Mrs Black, Sirius' mom, screamed at the top of their voices. Annabeth didn't seem to notice at all as she struggled with her trunk.

We both made our way downstairs just as Harry reached Molly. Trunks were scattered all around the hall and people hurried in all directions.

"Harry, you're to come with me and Tonks," shouted Molly over the repeated screeches of 'MUDBLOODS! SCUM! CREATURES OF DIRT!' - "Leave your trunk and owl, Alastor's going to deal with the luggage. Annabeth! Thalia! Both of you are following us too so come on and ... oh, for heaven's sake, Sirius, Dumbledore said no!"

Sirius had transformed into a dog and was making his way through the cluttered hallway to get to Molly and Harry.

"Oh honestly ..." said Molly despairingly. "Well on your own head be it!"

She wrenched the door open and strode out into the sunlight. We followed her and squinted against the sun that was shining down against our eyes. The door behind us slammed shut and Mrs Black's shrieks were immediately cut off.

"Where's Tonks?" asked Harry as they stepped onto the pavement. Number twelve immediately vanished.

"She's waiting for us just up here," said Mrs Weasly stiffly.

An elderly lady greeted us around the corner. Her grey hair was in curls and her purple hat was shaped like a pork pie. "Wotcher, Harry," She said, winking at us. "Better hurry up, hadn't we, Molly?" she added, checking her watch.

"I know, I know," Molly moaned, lengthening her stride, "but Mad-Eye wanted to wait for Sturgis ... if only Arthur could have got us cars from the Ministry again ... but Fudge won't let him borrow so much as an empty ink bottle these days ... how Muggles can stand travelling without magic ..." She trailed off and Annabeth and I exchanged amused looks.

Walking on foot to King Cross Station took us at least twenty minutes. Once there, I stared out, remembering the day we arrived and wondered which train wizards took to get to Hogwarts. While waiting for the scene to clear, Molly pulled us aside and explained the way to get to platform nine and three-quarters. I stared, amazed at the barrier between platform nine and ten. Who knew something so innocent looking could be a gateway to the wizarding way.

Once the coast was clear, I observed them closely as Harry and Tonks casually slid into the barrier and vanish. We followed their lead and emerged into a whole different platform. A shining red steam engine stood on the trails and sooty steam belched from the train. Students were packed on the platform with their families. Shouts of laughter filled the air as students greeted each other cheerfully.

"Nice dog, Harry!" a tall boy with dreadlocks called to him.

"Thanks, Lee," Harry grinned back as Sirius wagged his tail frantically.

I stepped closer to the train with Annabeth. Her eyes were sparkling and she looked truly interested in something since Percy got hurt. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Mad-Eye approach Molly and whisper something to her. Suddenly, the rest of our friends burst through the barrier with Clarisse in the lead.

We walked back to them, just in time to hear Lupin wishing us off.

"Well, look after yourselves," He said, shaking hands all round. He reached Harry last and clapped him on the shoulder. "You too, Harry. Be careful."