Chapter 12: Percy is Back

Percy's POV

The camp was in flames. Demigods ran around, panicking and yelling. Annabeth looked right at me, tears sliding down her face. "This is all your fault!" She yelled at me, sobbing as Thalia glared at me, her hands clenched into fists. "I wished you never came, Percy. Look at what you did!"

I stared around in shock, paralysed to the ground. I did all this? I was the one who burned down my home and felt no remorse? Somehow, it did feel that way but I couldn't believe it. I wouldn't. It was too terrible to think about. My home .. my friends .. all despairing, the only safe place in the world for them destroyed. And it's all because of me.

"That's right," A cold voice murmured. "You are the one who has brought destruction upon your friends. Observe them; they are no more. It is not Lord Voldemort who has caused this, but you. Give up your quest, Jackson, or this will truly happen and there is nothing you can do about it because in the end, it will always be you who will bring despair."

My eyes snapped open. I was in an unfamiliar place and I have to admit, I was terrified. Where was Annabeth? Did anything happen to them? To Camp Half-Blood? Sweat beaded my forehead as I sat up. A robed man stood in front of my bed and his expression brightened as soon as he looked at me.

"You're finally awake! Very good, very good. Now how are you feeling?" He asked, hurrying forward.

"Weak," I croaked. "Where's Annabeth? What happen? Where am I?"

"You are in St. Mungo's, my dear boy, the wizarding hospital. As for your friends, I believe they are at Hogwarts. A new school year has already begun a week ago. To answer your second question, we believe that you were under the Imperius Curse as you attacked Harry Potter at Diagon Alley." He replied me gravely, nervously twiddling his fingers. "The curse has been lifted of course and I am sure you'll be fine after some rest."

"I attacked Harry?" I asked, shocked. What in the name of Poseidon was I thinking? Although I didn't remember anything.

"Yes but as I said, you were under the Imperius Curse. It is one of the three Unforgivable Spells and upon casting the Imperius Curse, you are under the castor's control and will not be able to think for yourself unless the curse is lifted." The man informed me. "Now, if you will excuse me, I will be off to inform your guardians about your awakening." With that, he dashed off.

I leaned back, unable to say anything. I attacked Harry under someone's command? How could I be so stupid? Now I was in a hospital and had probably ruined the mission. I groaned; why did I have to be such an idiot and wander to the back of the shop. I should have stayed put with the rest, then I wouldn't be in this mess right now.

I sat there for half an hour, wallowing in self-pity and hatred when Molly and Arthur Weasley burst into the hospital ward. "Thank goodness you're finally awake, dear. We were all so worried!" Molly said anxiously, giving me hug.

"How are you feeling, Percy?" Arthur asked, his eyes reflecting concern.

"I'm fine," I muttered, ashamed. I didn't deserve all this worry. "I'm so sorry, both of you. I didn't mean to put you through all this. It's all my fault, I shouldn't have gone to the back of the shop."

"It's alright dear. I do say though, Annabeth and Tyson was the ones who were the most worried. Annabeth absolutely refused to leave your side and it was all we could do to stop Tyson from following her example." Molly told me, patting my hand fondly.

"Speaking of the back of the shop, Percy, do you remember what happened?" Arthur asked, sitting on my bed.

"I-I'm not sure," I frowned, racking my brain. The details were slowly coming back although it was still a little fuzzy. "I remember going to the back to find my books and I just had this .. feeling that somebody was behind me. I turned around and there was a flash of light. And - and .. I'm sorry but that's all I remember."