Chapter 24: Help

• Dedicated to All of my readers <3

Nico's POV

I laid my head down on the table, my forehead pressed down on my arms as I closed my eyes wearily. Around me, the Great Hall was filled with cheerful chatter and next to me, Tyson and Grover were eating their breakfast. Both of them had been unusually down ever since Annabeth, Percy and Clarisse had left. I guess both of them were missing the trio. Well, Clarisse maybe not so much.

"Morning," Ron greeted us, yawning as he plopped down on the seat facing me, along with Hermione and Harry.

"What's up?" I asked, lifting my head.

"Well, Harry went psycho yesterday night and laughed like a madman. The usual," he replied casually before grabbing some toast and spreading jam on it.

"Oh yeah, you know, nothing weird about laughing hysterically to yourself," I agreed.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "He was channelling Voldemort again," she replied, sounding disturbed while Ron winced at the name.

"So it means that he was happy?" Grover asked worriedly.

"Ecstatic," Harry replied tiredly. "And we have no idea why."

"Nothing to do with brother right?" Tyson asked pleadingly, as if hoping that we would say no and it would be fine.

"Of course not," I reassured him. At least, I hope not, I thought to myself.

"What's up with you?" Ron retorted back again. "Your face is all pale."

"Couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about what you told me. What Percy said, I mean," I explained, rubbing my eyes.

"I'm sure they'll call back to explain," Hermione said firmly. "If call is even the right word."

"IM actually," Grover offered.

Just then, the owls arrived with the morning post. One of them swooped down towards Hermione and dropped a copy of the Daily Prophet on her plate. We resumed talking as she grabbed the paper and smoothed out the front page, glancing at the front page. Then, she let out a yelp, grabbing all of our attention.

"What?" Harry and Ron asked together.

Without another word, she spread the newspaper on the table in the middle and pointed at ten black and white pictures that were dominating the whole page. Nine of them featured wizards' faces and the tenth, a witch's. Most of the faces were jeering or looking insolent and below all of them were captions of their names and the crimes that sent them to Azkaban.

I stared down at the pictures, a sick feeling in my stomach. Ten more dangerous criminals on the loose. To make it worse, they were all Voldemort's followers. To add on to that, Percy, Annabeth and Clarisse were all out there. Who knew what could happen?

Just then, Hermione nudged Harry, who seemed preoccupied with the last picture of the witch, whose name was Bellatrix Lestrange, and pointed at the headline over the pictures.

MASS BREAKOUT FROM AZKABAN

MINISTRY FEARS BLACK IS 'RALLYING POINT'

FOR OLD DEATH EATERS

"Black?" Harry said loudly, furious. "Not -?"

"Shhh!" Hermione shushed him desperately. "Not so loud - just read it!"

The Ministry of Magic announced late last night that there has been a mass breakout from Azkaban.