Chapter 3: And so, it begins

Percy's POV

I looked around the cabin one last time before hefting my backpack onto my back and running over to the pine tree at the top of the hill. The rest of the group were already there, with the exception of Thalia who would be joining up with us later.

"Brother!" Tyson, my half-brother who was also a Cyclops, yelled happily and crushed me into a hug that nearly broke my ribs. Grover gave me a smile while Clarisse just looked at me with dislike.

"Watch the ribs," I managed to get out as Tyson put me down. I rubbed my chest and nodded to Nico, the son of Hades who stopped by from time to time.

"Let's go," Annabeth said nervously as we all piled into the camp's van. We were supposed to be heading to England's King Cross Station. It was the most likely place where we could find those other group of kids, which I was having a hard time thinking them as "wizards". Since I couldn't take a plane, we would travelling by sea and by sea, I mean taking a boat that we had rented out. It was expensive but it was probably the fastest way to get there, especially since I could direct it.

Few days later and we were all stumbling out of the boat in relief as we reached the station on the opposite side of the world. Being ADHD may help us in battle, but it was also hard for us to keep still for a long time. We were all fidgeting so hard, the ship was practically shaking. Okay, big exaggeration on my part but still. We were restless.

I kept a nervous watch around us as Annabeth and Clarisse went off to buy the tickets that would take us to King Cross Station. Just by having this many demigods in one place could attract monsters like bees to honey. My hand gripped the pen in my pocket tightly. Nico and Grover looked equally nervous while Tyson seemed oblivious to his surroundings as he tinkered with some metal thing that he had brought along with him.

Annabeth and Clarisse returned with the tickets and passed them out as we waited for the train to arrive. It would be a long journey and I could not relax until we were on that train. When it pulled up at the station, I breathed a sigh of relief as we collasped onto the chairs. Annabeth gave me a small smile as she sat down next to me as i put an arm around her.

The train pulled out from the station and my eyes started to close. I couldn't sleep again last night and it was taking a toll on me. I was exhausted and I prayed for a dreamless sleep this round. But of course, I had no such luck. As soon as my eyes closed, dreams filled my head again.

I found myself in a train station. There were many people around but I couldn't find Annabeth, Tyson, Grover, Nico or even Clarisse. I started to panic as I pushed my way around the crowd, trying to look for a familiar face. I turned around and that was when it happened. I froze in shock as three kids seem to just ... appear through a solid wall. They were acting casual, laughing and joking around but their eyes darted everywhere nervously. They seem to be looking for someone and I had a sneaky feeling that they were looking for me. I ducked behind another pillar and -

BOOM!

I woke up with a start, my hand immediately flying to Riptide. Annabeth was on her feet, her face white. I followed her gaze and saw a dozen dracanae, otherwise known as snake women who had ripped open the train's roof. Around us, passengers were screaming although I had no idea what they saw through the Mist.

"On the roof!" I yelled, "Dont let them harm the passengers!"

I jumped onto a chair, grabbed the luggage rack and managed to push myself onto the roof. I swept Riptide around, making sure they didn't get anywhere near us while the rest pulled themselves up. They hissed with rage as I sliced through one of the dracanae, sending her to Tarturus.

"Surrender, demigod, or we will kill everyone aboard," one of them hissed at me.

"Oh sure, and I suppose you're going to let them go after I surrender?" I snorted disbelievingly and immediately she disintegrated as I stabbed with her Riptide. "Eat my blade, snake."

We proceeded to kill the rest of the dracanae and I felt pretty good of myself. That is, until Annabeth thought it would be a good idea to tease me.

"'Eat my blade'? Really?" She snorted.

"Yeah, well, I said what came to my mind," My face turned red.

"Must be pretty hard for you, considering you don't have a brain in the first place," Clarisse snorted and jumped back into the train.

Annabeth tried not to laugh as she patted me on the arm. My face could not have turned any redder even if I tried. I was that embarrassed. I followed them back to our seats as the passengers stared at us in awe and a little terrified. I didn't see how the train driver could ignore the explosion, but apparently he didn't hear anything as we travelled on into the night.

Harry's POV

"Sirius!" My face broke into a smile as I knelt down at the fire. Ron and Hermione scrambled after me and beamed down at Sirius.

"Hey mate," Ron said enthusiastically while Hermione nodded, smiling.

My godfather's face, however, was serious. "Harry, Ron, Hermione. You guys will be returning to the Burrow tomorrow. Something serious is going on and -"

"Sirius is serious, geddit?" laughed Ron until we saw our faces. "What? Bad joke? Sorry, continue on."

"- and you guys need to be here. Forget about your studies for now," Sirius continued as Hermione opened her mouth.

"What?" I demanded. "What's going on, Sirius?"

Sirius looked agitated but explained, "Everything's been a little tense ever since all those freak accidents happened in Manhattan. I doubt they're freak storms anymore and most likely, somebody caused them to happen. There have been rumours about something going on a train too and it's travelling to King Cross Station so we've been getting a little worried." Sirius explained.

"What's that got to do with us?" Ron asked.

"It's just us being cautious. Pack your bags. Inform Ginny, Fred and George about it too, you guys leave in the morning. You lot will be using the Hogwarts Express this round, just for personal reason that Dumbledore wouldn't provide. See you guys tomorrow," Sirius gave us a wink to lighten the mood and disappeared in a burst of ashes.

I got up slowly and sat down in one of the armchairs by the fire. "Who do you think is on that train?"

"I don't know, Harry," Hermione replied with a worried look as she sat in the armchair across me. "But maybe it has something to do with your dreams?"

"The Hogwarts Express, huh " Ron looked wonderingly at the fire.

"This is getting weird. I guess we just have to be prepared for anything," I mused.

Hermione nodded in agreement while Ron just yawned and continued staring into the flames.

"It's best that we get some sleep. So I'll see you guys tomorrow," Hermione gave us a smile and returned to her dorm.

"Let's go, mate," Ron stood up and looked at me expectantly.

"Yeah, let's go," I followed his example after staring into the flames one last time. As I got into the bed, my mind buzzed with everything Sirius told us and I knew it would a while before I could fall asleep.