Epilogue

Harry's POV

As the sun slowly rose in the sky and morning arrived, I found myself staring up at the ceiling. I hadn't been able to fall asleep until about four in the morning, only to wake up three hours later, feeling disoriented and dizzy.

The hollow feeling was still imbedded deep in the chest but somehow there was something else ... It felt as though something had been forcefully taken away from me. I frowned, recalling back to my whole school year. My trial, arriving at Hogwarts, Umbridge, the many detentions, the DA meetings, Dumbledore being forced to leave, taking my OWLS, the trip to the ministry – my throat tightened at the memory – returning back here ...

I shook my head. Everything seemed to be there and I don't think I forgot anything ... so why did I feel so empty?

I sat up, swinging my legs to the side so that they were hanging over the edge of my bed. Glancing over at Ron's bed, I noticed that he was gone. He must have already gone to get some breakfast. I went back staring down at my lap, just thinking. Sirius ... the gaping hole in my chest was probably because of what happened.

With another sigh, I got up and changed into my robes, leaving the room.

Annabeth's POV

Night had already fallen and I was sitting with Percy at the bonfire. I was watching the flames when I felt his eyes on me. Turning to him, I smiled. I couldn't believe I was saying this but I had missed him while I was home. The both of us had just arrived yesterday and to say we were excited to spend the next three weeks together was an understatement.

It was a bit strange though. I had woken up feeling dizzy and disoriented. It was as though something had been taken away from me but I couldn't quite place my finger on it. In the end, I had just shrugged it off as nothing.

"Man, am I glad we're finally here," Percy exhaled loudly.

"I know, it's been too long," I agreed. "It's been awhile since we've last seen Grover, Tyson and Thalia too."

"We'll probably see Grover wandering around here tomorrow or something. After all, I don't think he knows we're here already. The last I talked to Tyson, about three days ago I think, he was still in the forges," Percy frowned, struggling to remember.

"Yeah, and I bet Thalia's wandering the world with the Hunters," I smiled at the thought of my friend.

"I'm sure we'll see her sometime," he said dismissively before yawning.

"You should go to sleep," I said, looking at him blinking sleepily. "I'll see you tomorrow morning."

"Yeah okay," he agreed and grinned playfully, leaning down to kiss me. "Goodnight," he murmured against my lips before pulling away.

"Goodnight," I returned softly as I watched him walk away, a small smile playing on my lips.

The next morning, I waited at the pavilion for Percy. As time passed by, I couldn't help but grow impatient. He promised me that we would be eating breakfast together yet he wasn't even here. I doubted that he was even awake yet.

Huffing, I finally gave in and made my way over to his cabin, greeting other campers as I walked by with a friendly smile. When I finally reached his cabin, I knocked on the door. My foot was tapping on the ground and my face was set in a frown when he still didn't answer.

"Percy, get up," I called irritably, pounding harder on his door.

The door creaked open.

An uneasy feeling overcame me and I slowly stepped in, pushing open the door wider. "Percy?" I said softly, walking further into the room.

There was still no answer.

"Percy, this isn't funny," I said louder, fear seeping into my tone.

I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw his bed. It was perfectly made, as if nobody had slept in it the night before. I felt scared now. Percy would make his bed, but he wasn't perfect at it and there were sure to be creases on it if he slept in it the night before.

I backed up and tore from the room, heading towards the Big House. "Chiron!" I shouted, ignoring the odd looks shot at me by the other campers. "Chiron!"

I finally reached the porch where he sat, staring at me with a crease in his forehead. "What's wrong, Annabeth?" he asked, sounding concerned.

"Percy is missing," I said, tears gathering in my eyes.

"What?" he asked, his tone grave as he stood up.

"I was waiting at the pavilion this morning. He promised that we would have breakfast together but he didn't show up so I went to his cabin. His bed was perfectly made. I don't think he even slept there yesterday night," The words spilled out from my mouth in a rush, my anxiety almost choking me.

"Gather some demigods," he ordered me without hesitation. "Ask them to search all over camp. He couldn't have left without anybody knowing if he did. I don't think he did anyway, he would have told someone at least."

For the rest of the afternoon, we scoured the grounds of camp. The word had spread after the first half hour and everybody had soon joined in, making the search faster and more efficient. I even contacted his mother but she said that he didn't return home. She sounded close to tears when she made me promise to keep her updated, which I did. When evening came, we finally gave up and gathered at the pavilion. My head was buried in my hands and I was struggling not to let tears drop. How in the name of Athena did he disappear overnight without a trace?

"Do not worry, Annabeth," Chiron said grimly, standing in front of me. "I will contact everybody I know and make the request for the search of Percy. We will find him."

Taking a deep breath, I pulled myself together. He was right. There was no time to be moping around. If I were to find Percy, I had to do this right. Tomorrow, with or without permission, I would head out and hunt for him, even if it killed me.

"I'll find you," I swore to myself. "Count on it."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: And that's the end of the book!

No, there won't be a sequel. This story was meant to continue on in the series by the original authors. Life for Harry and his friends go on with the series and as for Percy ... well, guess you have to read The Lost Hero don't cha? ;)

Thank you for sticking by me throughout all this, throughout all the crappy procratination I did and my stupidly long updates. You guys have been amazing and I just love you all so much. No words can express my gratitude for all my readers and fans. You guys are the best, so thank you <3

I love you all!