Chapter 4: The Meeting of Two Sides

Percy's POV

I opened my eyes and breathed a sigh of relief as the train pulled into King Cross Station. Thankfully, the rest of the journey had passed peacefully and uneventfully, something we were all grateful for. Fortunately for us, not even one monster had attacked us since the dracanae.

"Not yet maybe, but probably soon," a negative voice told my mind.

"Oh shut up," I told it and reached up for my bag.

"You said something, Seaweed Brain?" Ananbeth looked up from her book she had been reading.

"What? Oh nothing," I replied quickly. "Can we go and eat something? I'm starved!"

"I don't think that's a good idea, we shouldn't stay here long," Annabeth murmured doubtfully, biting her lip.

"Aww, c'mon! I'm starving!" I whined. Yeah, I sounded like a bratty three year old but I hadn't eaten in ages and my stomach was complaining for some food.

"Alright," Annabeth gave in with a sigh. I grinned, knowing that she was probably too tired to handle my whining at that moment. "Does anyone have any mortal money? I only have drachmas."

"Green paper?" Tyson's face lit up, "Here, bag full of green paper! Chiron gave it to me!" He beamed, handing us a duffel bag that had been slung across his shoulder.

"Alright!" I grabbed a fistful of money and grinned. "Let's get some burgers! C'mon!" I exclaimed enthusiastically and was the first to run out of the doors as soon as the train came to a stop. What didn't prepared me, however, was the scene that greeted me. I froze as my surroundings sank in.

"Percy?" Annabeth placed her hand on my arm, giving me a look of concern. "What's wrong?"

"This is the place," I muttered. "This is the place in my dreams!" I turned to Annabeth, speaking louder.

Annabeth's face was shocked as she looked around, realisation dawning. "You mean -" She started but I was already running off.

"Platform 9," I muttered, weaving in and out of the crowd, trying to avoid the passengers moving around. Outraged mutters followed me as I bumped into a few people but I ignored them. "Platform 6 .. 7 .. 8 .. there! Platform 9!" I skidded to stop, staring at the pillar in my dreams. "C'mon, appear already ... " I stared at it impatiently.

"Percy!" Annabeth swerved around a man rushing in the opposite direction and came to a stop next to me. "Don't ... don't just dash .... away ... like that!" she scolded me, panting. She doubled over, holding a stitch in her side.

"Where are the others?" I turned around, seeing her standing there alone.

"I don't know," she replied, straightening. "They must've gotten separated from us when we took off. Let's go back and meet up with them." 

"But - " I started to protest when a roar filled the station. Screams rang out as a Chimera leaped over the heads of a crowd of mortals and landed in front of us.

"Oh my gods, you have got to be kidding me!" I groaned, remembering the last time I fought with that monster. It didn't exactly go well, if you count blowing up a national monument, getting poisoned and jumping to my death to escape as a bad thing. I uncapped Riptide, and the beast cowered and glared at me with hatred. Monsters couldn't stand the sight of celestial bronze.

Annabeth unsheathed her knife and stood next to me, her face tense but controlled. We fought together so many times that it was natural for us. "Plan attack Macedonia," I told Annabeth and immediately, she nodded and vanished under her Yankees hat.

"Yahhh!" I charged the Chimera. Maybe it wasn't exactly the best battlecry ever known, but I wasn't trying to be cool or anything. I wasn't! Anyways, the Chimera was so surprised that it didn't react until I stabbed Riptide into its feet. Then, it got mad. It gave a loud roar of pain and swatted me away.

I crashed into the wall, Riptide clattering onto the ground. I felt dazed and could faintly hear Tyson calling out my name. I shook my head to clear it and looked up. Dread settled in as I realised the Chimera had Annabeth pinned to the ground. I stumbled upwards but I knew it was too late. Tyson was too far away to help her and I couldn't see straight. Any moment now, Annabeth ...

"Petrificus Totalus!" A male voice yelled out. A flash of light shot towards the Chimera and it froze, just like that. I ran over to Annabeth and pulled her out from under the frozen body of the Chimera. She gave me a faint smile just as the rest of our friends ran over.

"What in the name of Ares were you guys thinking?" Clarisse demanded angrily. "Why did you guys just run off like that?"

"I needed to confirm something," I replied distractedly, looking for the source of the voice. That's when I spotted them, the kids from my dreams. They were whispering urgently to each other and looked away from me as soon as they spotted me looking. An adult approached them and they began to walk off.

Nico followed my gaze, "Who're they?" He looked at me questioningly.

"They're the kids from my dreams, I have to go talk to them!" I raced after them, dodging all the people and luggage that stood in my way. "Hey, wait up!" I caught up with them and put my hand onto the black-haired guy's shoulder. Immediately, the adult who was leading them spun around and pointed a stick at me.

"Who're you?" he demanded, glaring at me.

I backed up, "I just needed to speak to him. Are you guys ... by any chance, wizards?" I asked hesitantly.

They exchanged panicked looks. "Who the hell are you?" the guy with the ginger hair asked me.

"I saw him," I pointed to the guy with the black hair, "in my dreams!"

"Wait, dreams?" The guy with black hair interrupted and stood in front of me.

"Yeah, you've been in my dreams for weeks! And I want to know why," I demanded as my friends came to stand by my side.

The kid's eyes widened. "I know you! You were in my dreams too!" he told me with a confused look. "Remus, I think he, they, should come with us."

The man, Remus, frowned at me. "Are you sure? Because I could just erase their memories right now."

"I'm sure. I think they're a way to help us defeat Voldemort," the kid lowered his voice and turned back to me. "So what's your name?"

"Percy Jackson and these are my friends," I introduced all of them one by one and looked back at him. I noticed that he had startlingly green eyes. "And you are?"

"I'm Harry, Harry Potter."