Chapter 23: Trouble Everywhere

Annabeth’s POV

Flashes of green. A deserted narrow street. Dull, grey weather. Everything flashed by so fast that I couldn’t see what it meant. A chill ran up my spine. Where was this? What did it mean? How does this help me find Thalia?

The scenes came to a stop in some kind of basement. The walls were grey and moulding, the concrete floors dusty and the room gloomy, the only light flickering from a lamp by a sturdy-looking door. A lone figure was crumpled on the floor, chest rising up and down slowly as the owner slept on. I approached it cautiously … and immediately gasped. Thalia.

“Thalia!” I shouted.

Her eyes shot open and her head snapped towards my direction as she immediately became alert. “Annabeth,” she whispered in horror but I could see faint hope shining in her eyes.

“Where are you? Tell me!” I demanded desperately. “Just give me a clue; anything!”

A faint creaking sound could be heard coming from the door. Someone was approaching. Terror flashed in Thalia’s eyes before determination settled and her eyes bored into mine. “We don’t have much time,” she said urgently. “Listen to me, they’re aiming for Harry. That’s all they want. Don’t bother about me; focus on Harry! It’s going to happen soon; at the place where it is hardest to break in under normal circumstances, at the Ministry of Magic. Exactly where it would happen, Harry would know; you have to ask Harry!”

“Thalia, what -?” I began to ask when the door slammed open.

“Don’t forget,” she whispered to me as the vision began to fade. The last sight I caught of her froze me to the spot. Her usual brave front seemed to be collapsing as pure fear filled her eyes and her body started to tremble lightly. The usual fearless Thalia was gone and that scared me.

“No!” My eyes snapped open as my body shot upwards. Breathing heavily, my eyes darted around wildly, taking note of my surroundings as I always do. The ground was unmarked, nothing seemed to have been disturbed and most importantly, Percy and Clarisse were still there next to me.

I took another deep breath, trying to calm my trembling body. Thankfully, it seemed to work as my racing heart began to slow down and the tremors faded off. I stared at my hands absentmindedly as I thought back to the dream I just had. Thalia was in trouble; Harry was in trouble … Who was I suppose to help first?

“You okay?” Percy’s sleepy voice asked me, jolting me from my thoughts.

I turned to look at him, frowning slightly. He was yawning widely as he got up and walked over to me. “What’s up?” he asked me with a small smile on his face.

“I had a dream about Thalia,” I told him softly and his smile immediately disappeared, replaced with a look of burning curiosity and concern.

“Is she okay? Where is she?” he questioned anxiously.

“She’s terrified. She tried not to show it but I could see it in her eyes,” I said to him quietly. “I have no idea where she is; she didn’t tell me and I don’t think she even knows herself. But she told me something else.”

“Which is?” Clarisse’s voice suddenly spoke up and I started, looking over to see her staring at us, her body tense and alert. She must have overheard our conversation.

“Harry’s in trouble,” I told them both, my body slumping heavily. What were we suppose to do now?”

“What do you mean by that?” she asked me sharply.