Chapter 20

After a few hours of darkness, I finally woke up. I look around and notice I'm in an abandoned warehouse. Great. Just what I needed.

"And the 'hero' awakens!" I look to my right and see a man sitting in the dark.

"Who the hell are you?" I ask.

"Wow... can't even recognize your own sibling!" He sighs.

"Jeremiah?" He walks into the light and I gasp. "What happened to you?"

"Well, after you left, the after effects of the acid occurred. And the true me came back to life! Question is... what happened to you? After all, the same thing happened to you." He says.

"I didn't go insane after. I tried to fix the problems that I made!" I yell.

"And how did that turn out?" He asks with a smirk.

"Last I checked, better than ever."

"So Bruce leaving, you turning against your family, and still hiding-"

"I am not hiding anything! Besides, Bruce left because he wanted to explore life outside of Gotham! And I turned my back on you and Jerome because I had to! I'm not going to jail or getting killed because of the shit you started!" I yell.

"Ha ha, that's funny!" He says as he starts laughing like crazy. "You think you can escape the crimes the Valeska's created! But really, you're the smartest criminal in the family! You have done something, last I recalled, and still haven't gotten caught!"

"I never committed a crime! And I never will!"

"You can keep lying to the world! But I will still know your secret!" He laughs. Ecco runs into the room with a panicked face.

"Sir! He's here!" Ecco shouts!

"Oh! So he's here to save the 'innocent' girl! How sweet!" He grabs a gun and places it to my forehead. I gasp and start shaking. "Come out, come out, wherever you are Bat!" He laughs as he gets ready to pull the trigger. Before it hits my skull, a man drops down and knocks Jeremiah out. It's the guy in the black suit!

"Why did you save me?" I ask.

"Because that's what any friend would do..." He says. The realization hit right away after he said that.

"B-Bruce?" I ask. He takes the mask off and reveals himself.

"Yeah... it's me." He whispers.

"Thank you..." I say. He pulls in for a hug, but I push him away after a few minutes. "I can't do this..."

"What's wrong?"

"I did it. I'm the criminal they've been looking for these past years." I admit.

"You're kidding, right?" He chuckles. I sigh and shake my head. "Wow... so much for a reunion."

"I'm sorry, Bruce..." I whisper.

"J-Just go. Before you get thrown in jail." He sighs.

"Y-You're letting me get away?" I ask.

"If you go now, yes. And if you promise you won't commit another crime. But I will say, we're done." I became speechless after that, and decided to just walk away.

What did I do?

Did I just become a criminal?

Did I just become a traitor?

Did I just become the villain in the story?