Chapter 9

Hey everyone! As requested, this chapter and the next one will have flashbacks. Letting you all know now in case you're wondering why some of it's italic.

Jeremiah walks to some sort of tunnel, and his workers along with me follow.

"You see Jersey, I planned everything ahead. I knew what was going to happen, and it did. I guess I still have the smarts from when I was younger. Now, for my next part of the plan. Bringing you down to memory lane." Jeremiah says.

"Why? Haven't you brought me down there enough?" I ask.

"Because this will show you why I'm doing everything that I'm doing now. Now, let's begin with the first memory. This was when you started to be like Jerome. Right as we were getting ready for our senior year." The same thing happens again when he brings out everyone.

Flashback-

We were getting ready for Jeremiah to present his newest invention. We were at some sort of science convention. This happened when we were all in high school. Although he left us, we were still able to go to his events for some reason. The crowd started cheering for the kid before him. The kid steps off and Jeremiah steps on. He starts setting his things up. Jerome taps my shoulder and motions me to go to the back.

"What?" I ask.

"Do you really want this to happen?" Jerome asks.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you want Jeremiah to win another prize just so mom can praise him again?" I look down and sigh.

"No, but it's not like he won't win anyways."

"He won't if we stop him." A big grin shows up on his face.

"What?"

"What if we do something to his machine that causes it to break down?"

"Like throw water on it?"

"Yeah! Maybe we could dump water across the whole stage!" I look back at Jeremiah and mom, then turn back to Jerome.

"Wouldn't mom find out though?"

"Not if we get back in time!"

"Alright, let's do it!" We run to the back of the stage and grab buckets from the closet. We fill them up and head up to the top.

"And now, I present to you..." Jeremiah says as he pulls the cloth off the machine.

"Now!" Jerome says. We dump the water and the machine bursts into flames. Everyone starts running out as Jeremiah stands there embarrassed. Me and Jerome run out with everyone else. Unfortunately that night, mom figured it out. And it was a terrible night for us.

End of flashback

I looked down and started to tear up. Jeremiah puts his hand on my shoulder and sighs.

"Ah, I remember that day. Because of you two, I didn't make my dream college." I roll my eyes as soon as he brings up college.

"It's not like you didn't make it to college anyways. People still wanted you to go to theirs."

"That may be true, but you think that was the only terrible thing?"

"I never treated you terribly!" I scoff. "Those were all Jerome's ideas!"

"Then why join him?" I then froze. "Exactly. Also, are you sure you've never treated me terribly?"

"No, I didn't." I say as I clench my teeth.