Chapter 13

I slowly start to wake up and see someone sitting across me. It was Bruce!

"Bruce!" I whisper. He wakes up and his eyes widen when he sees me.

"Jersey! I'm glad you're here! Do you know what's going on?" He asks.

"No. All I know is I saw 3 people with bags on their heads. I heard someone speaking and it sounded like... like... Oh my god." I gasp.

"What?"

"Jeremiah's planning to do something!"

"Oh no. We need to l-"

"Jeremiah's ready for you two." A guy says. We don't move at first, until he brings out a gun. We  then start to walk to the living room.

"Well, look who decided to join us." We look over and notice a couple. Oh my gosh... it was Bruce's parents.

"Hello, champ." His dad says.

"Master Bruce!" Alfred says.

"Alfred, how did you..." Bruce asks.

"Look at the state of you. What have I told you about rolling around in the muck?"

"Alfred, what's going on? Who are these people?" His parents exchange confused looks.

"Whatever do you mean, Bruce?" His mom asks.

"We're your parents." His dad says.

"And who is this lovely lady?" Alfred asks.

"My girlfriend... Jersey?" Bruce says.

"Right. Well, let's get you spruced up. After all, we have two guests." We look over and see Jeremiah.

"Welcome home, Bruce." Jeremiah grins.

"Jeremiah. You're alive."

"Well, you didn't think Selina could kill me so easily, did you? I just had to put you off my scent until I could finalize my... project."

"Wait, but that's only one guest..." I say.

"Oh, I believe you didn't notice. There is another person here to see you." He says. Someone enters the room and I gasp.

"J-Jerome?"

"Hey sis." Jerome says.

"Y-You're alive?" I ask.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" I turn to Jeremiah and start walking to him until Bruce stops me.

"Jeremiah, you fucking asshole! What the hell did you do?!" I shouted.

"I did nothing wrong. I just brought Jerome here. So he could see the person you've become." Jeremiah says.

"I'm still the same person!"

"Really? Weren't you on the news a few days ago?" Bruce lets go and tries to go after him until Alfred holds him back.

"Manners, Master Bruce. Let's not be rude to our guest." Alfred says.

"Especially when I come bearing gifts."

"Yeah, we get it. You want us to see our dead family members again. Now get out!" I yell.

"Jersey, why are you being so mean?" Jerome asks.

"Because he's fucking evil!"

"You're the one being mean to him right now." I freeze for a moment and start to tear up.

"B-But-"

"He did nothing wrong. He just wants us all to spend time with each other. Like we used to."