Chapter 12

"Barbara?"

"That's right. I did it." She says.

"B-But this is all a misunderstanding. You would never do that."

"And you would?" She asks. I freeze for a second then sigh.

"Jim, can I please talk to her at least?" I ask.

"Fine." He takes us to the interrogation room. "You have 15 minutes." He walks out of the room.

"Why would you lie to them?" I ask.

"What are you talking about? I did it." She lies.

"No you didn't!" I yell.

"Fine. I told them that so they'd stop accusing you."

"But why?"

"Because I know you'd never do anything bad. You're the most innocent person I know in this city." I look down right as she says that.

"How do you know that?" I ask.

"Because I'm your friend. No matter how many times someone tries to turn you insane or bad, you'll always be strong enough."

"Can I tell you something?"

"Of course." 

"I lied..." I sigh.

"About?"

"I'm... not the person you see me as anymore."

"What do you mean?" She asks.

"I've changed... a lot. It's time to tell you my story." I then told her the truth about everything.

A few minutes later...

"That's why I became so protective. And that's why I became this person." I say.

"Wow. I never expected to hear that." She says with her eyes wide.

"I know. No one would."

"I'm sorry Jersey." She sighs.

"It's fine. You can tell the police to let you go-"

"No."

"What?" I ask.

"Jersey, I'm not saying what happened was good. But we're friends. You've been there for me all the time. So now, I need to return the favor."

"B-But you're going to jail! How is that a good thing?"

"I've been used to it. People know my story. Not everyone knows yours." She's right, not everyone knows mine. But why still lie about it?

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I ask.

"As long as you continue being yourself."

"Thanks Barbara." I give her a hug.

"So, when are you going to tell Bruce?" Shit. I knew she was going to ask.

"I told him most of it. I just don't know about the last part."

"If I won't judge, I'm sure he won't." I gave her a worried look at first.

"Right. I'll try to talk to him." I start walking to the door. "You sure this is okay?"

"I'm sure."

"Okay. See you later."

"See ya." I left the room and headed to Bruce's house.

"Bruce, are you home?" I say as I enter. Silence. "Bruce?" I walk into the living room and see 3 people with bags over their heads. I hide behind a wall and try to see who it was.

"I love family reunions." Why does that voice sound familiar? I then feel a sharp pain on my head and fall to the floor. My vision starts getting blurry as I see someone getting ready to tie me up. What's going on? And where's Bruce?

Hey everyone! Sorry this chapter is short! I will be posting a few more chapters because the one I just wrote is pretty big. (Unfortunately, it's short too) Since it's been awhile, I just decided to post up to where I left off. Usually, I'd wait until I wrote a few chapters. But this way, I can give everyone some time to catch up. Anyways, the next few chapters will come soon!