Chapter 7

After 15 minutes, a video shows up on the screen. Jeremiah is in some sort of building with another guy.

"Hello Jersey. If you're seeing this then you know why this is showing. In a few minutes, the bridges will blow up. And everyone will see how terrible you and the police are. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for your boyfriend to show up. Oh, and if you're wondering who tied you to a chair. Well, just look beside you." I look beside me and see a girl with a mask on.

"Who are you?" I ask. She takes her mask off and reveals her face, which is pale like Jeremiah's. "Ecco?"

"That's right. And I gave her a remote to control your chip. I told her she is allowed to electrocute you whenever she desires."

"You're fucking insane!"

"Like I said before, I'm not the one who's been insane the whole time."

"I've never been insane!"

"Are you sure about that?" I then froze. "Exactly. Now, if your boyfriend can just hurry up and get here-" People then bring Bruce in.

"What the hell did you do to Jersey?!" Bruce yells.

"See for yourself." Jeremiah backs up and Bruce notices me on the screen.

"Jersey!"

"Bruce! You need to leave!" I shout.

"Why leave? I was the one who brought him here." Jeremiah chuckles.

"What, so you can 'be closer' to him?"

"That and I wanted him to see the grand finale."

"You're both insane." Bruce says to the older guy and Jeremiah.

"I know it's difficult to fathom, Bruce. But Jeremiah and I are doing this for your benefit." The older guy says.

"How is destroying Gotham supposed to help me?"

"Because I had a vision. That out of this crucible of blood and fire will rise the Dark Knight

that your city needs. That I need." Jeremiah turns around and walks over to Bruce.

"To be honest, Bruce. Prophecies, visions. Not really my cup of tea. But our friend revealed something to me. That my twin obsessions, rebuilding Gotham and rebuilding you, are one and the same. You're the brother I never had. The one Jerome never could be-" Jeremiah says.

"Leave Jerome out of this!" I yell until I get electrocuted by Ecco. The older guy and Jeremiah start laughing.

"Jersey! How the hell am I like a brother to you?" Bruce says.

"We will create a legacy in this city. Gotham falls. We rise. Together."

"Bruce, don't do it!" I shout before Ecco covers my mouth.

"What do you say Bruce?" Jeremiah asks as he holds out his hand. Bruce then kicks the two guys holding him. He starts attacking the henchman until they all become unconscious.

"I will never be on your side!" Bruce says.

"Wow, that really hurts. Then again, it never surprised me." Jeremiah then grabs a knife and starts to fight Bruce. I start screaming and try to get Ecco to let go. I then see Barbara, Tabitha, and Oswald enter. Everyone starts fighting, until they hear a gunshot. Jeremiah falls to the ground and grabs his shoulder. I gasp and everyone looks back to Oswald. Everyone continues to fight though. Barbara and Bruce stab the older guy and he starts fading away. I hit Ecco with my elbow and she fell back.

"Bruce! You all need to leave!" I shout. Ecco then grabs the remote and shocks me again. I fall to the floor and hear Bruce shouting.

BOOM!

BOOM! 

BOOM!

Oh no, it's too late. The bombs went off. Jeremiah starts to chuckle as he stands up.

"Well, now you see what I mean. Everyone in Gotham can't leave now. And it's all thanks to you Jersey." I look down and tears start coming down. I can't believe it. First Selina, now this? When will he just stop? "Oh, and one last thing Jersey." I then feel cold metal pressed to my head. I look to my right and see Ecco holding a gun to my head. "Ecco will be taking you somewhere. If you refuse to go, then she will kill you. See you in a bit, sis!" He then laughs and shoots at the camera.

"Go." She says. I start walking out of the house, and to a car. She puts me in the back of the car. "If you try to leave, I will shoot you. Got that?" I nod my head and she drives off. I look out the window and cry silently. Why does he do this? Why can't he just agree that we'll never be close again? Or better yet, why do I keep giving him chances? Just like I did with Jerome...

Hey everyone! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Like I said, it will get darker. I am not trying to spoil anything, just letting you know since Jeremiah isn't as dark in the show. Yeah, he was still pretty bad, but he is going to be worse. Also, I believe it's chapter 3. But in the part where Jersey sees Jerome and her mom, I totally messed up the ages XD. I have no idea why, I guess I was just too motivated to write or something. She's 23 and Jerome and Jeremiah are 25. I was reading the 1st book and one part made it sound like Jerome was evil when he was 3, which I don't think is true. So I had to change her age there. Sorry if I confused you!