Chapter 4

I enter the police department and see Harvey all over the place.

"Listen, in two minutes, Jim Gordon's gonna come walking through that door and chew all your asses out for standing around and not doing your job." Harvey shouts. "Now, first responders are on the scene, I want CSIs out there pronto. And I want everyone looking for Jeremiah Valeska, Bruce Wayne, and Jersey Valeska. That's who Jim was looking for when this whole thing went blooey."

"Umm, Harvey-" I say before someone interrupts me.

"You ain't the captain." A cop says.

"The captain ain't here. I'm ranking detective." Harvey says.

"Last time we followed you, the Pyg slaughtered us." Another cop says.

"All right, look, enough. Jim trusts him, okay? So, everybody get back to work." Another cop says. Everyone goes back to their desk. I then walk over to Harvey.

"Harvey, what's going on?" I ask.

"Jersey Valeska. Just the person I wanted to see." Harvey says.

"I'm not in trouble, right?"

"Depends. Did you kill my partner?"

"No."

"Then no."

"So why did you tell your cops to search for me?" I ask.

"Because you're the sister of an insane guy. We're trying to figure out what he wants and why he did this."

"I'm sorry, but I have no clue. All I know is he got sprayed by insanity gas and turned crazy. But he was crazy to begin with." I sigh.

"Wait, he got sprayed by that insanity gas?"

"Yeah. That's part of what set him off."

"So how do I know you didn't get sprayed too?" Harvey asks. Him and a couple of other cops get ready to grab their handcuffs.

"Why would I be here then? Wouldn't I be trying to commit a crime?"

"Good point. But then what else set him off?"

"Well, I guess trying to be closer to me. That's pretty much all he wants. That, plus he wants to be 'best friends' with Bruce."

"Do you know where he is now?"

"No-"

"Harvey." An officer says as they run to Harvey. "Jeremiah Valeska wasn't inside the bunker when it blew."

"How do you know?" Harvey asks.

"'Cause he's outside, and he's not alone."

"What the hell?" He runs out to the front and I follow but stop right outside the entrance. I see Jeremiah with all of Jerome's followers.

"You might not recognize Jerome's followers as I've given them something of a makeover. But I assure you they're as loyal to me as they ever were to him. More so, 'cause I accomplished something my brother never could. Killing James Gordon." Jeremiah says.

"Jeremiah! Jeremiah!" They all shout.

"You're a liar." Harvey shouts as he pulls out his gun.

"Not so fast. I have bombs planted around this city. Just like the one that killed Jim Gordon." Jeremiah says with a huge grin on his face.

"Jeremiah! Jeremiah!"

"He's not dead! You just made that up so you can be the 'greatest villain' in Gotham!" I say as I walk over to Harvey.

"Really? So then where is he now?"

"Probably trying to find you so he can throw your ass in jail!"

"Well, he must be doing a terrible job because I'm here right now." He laughs. "Anyways, all you need to know is, if I hit this detonator, Gotham's blown back to the Stone Age."

"If I pull this trigger, your brains are blown through the back of your skull." Harvey says.

"Dead man's switch. You're familiar. It's another little something I took from my brother, except mine is a bit more advanced. You shoot me, my thumb loosens, and then boom, boom, boom.

Now, if you won't do what I say..."

"You're more sick than your brother." Harvey says. Jeremiah starts to chuckle.

"Don't compare me to that shortsighted psychopath. He just wanted to destroy things. Me, I'm a builder. I'm going to create a new Gotham in my image. But every artist needs a blank canvas. So, all of this has to go. I detonate the explosives in six hours, I want this city empty when I do."

"You need us to evacuate Gotham in six hours? That's impossible."

"Do you not realize that there are over 1,000 people in Gotham? You can't expect everyone to leave that fast!" I say.

"Then everyone who dies screaming, who watches their loved ones crushed before them will have you both to thank. Look, nobody has to die. Well, except for these people." He gets the button to set off a bomb.

"Jeremiah-" I say. He holds his hand up, indicating me to be quiet.

"I know seeing is believing, and I do want you to believe me. So..." He presses the button and the clock tower blows up. People start screaming and police officers start running to the tower. My eyes widen as I see the monster that was created.

"Get officers on the scene now! Go!" Harvey shouts.

"Six hours, Detective. The clock is ticking." Harvey then leaves and heads to the tower. Jeremiah starts laughing and walks over to me. "See that, Jersey? I'm already a better villain than Jerome ever was. And it was all thanks to you."

"Thanks to me?" I ask.

"Well you did believe in Jerome when he was evil. And now you believe in me, and I'm already better than him."

"Yeah, because Jerome never tried to kill a bunch of people."

"True, but that just shows how weak he was."

"He was never weak! He just didn't want to become a monster like you!" His smile then turns into a frown.

"A monster? That's how you see me? Well then why did you ever agree to give me another chance?"

"Good question. Here's the answer, because I trusted you. I thought you would consider changing and not being evil. The only reason I gave Jerome more chances was because I believed in him. He was innocent at a point, he didn't leave me! He became this way because of you! That's the only reason I gave him chances! But you, you just stood there and acted like you were the best. Not even caring about anything else. And that's the reason why I won't give you a chance anymore. You're on your own now." I start to leave until he grabs my arm.

"Jersey, wait-"

"I'm done. Have fun in jail." I then walk away. I hear him shouting to his followers as they start to leave. I start to tear up when I realize I just rejected a brother again. The last time I did this, my brother died. As much as I hate Jeremiah, I don't want him to die. Like he said before, he's the only family member I have left. I call Bruce and ask him to pick me up. Hopefully Jeremiah doesn't try to search for me. Because there's no way in hell I'm going back to him.