Chapter 15

D A V I D

I've been to work for a week, still waiting for a call from Adrastus. She knows about the marriage contract and I'm pretty sure she's not as happy as I am.

I didn't want to do it this way either, it hurts more that I have to hurt her. The knock on my door startles me, I look up at Sofia.

"You look like a zombie." She places brown bags on my desk, "I brought you lunch." She smiles and sits across me.

"Lunch is not what I want." I sigh and rest my head over the headrest. "I want her." I hold my chest, the sadness is slowly eating me from inside.

"Aren't you going to marry her soon?" Sofia asks, I hear the sadness in her tone.

"An arranged marriage. Yeah. She'll be so happy." I say sarcastically.

Sofia frowns, "She's lucky to have you David. I don't think any girl can ever not love you." Her eyes hold mine.

I look away knowing the familiar emotion there, Sofia was my intern for two years and now my assistant since a year. She's a bold, smart girl who's the only one caring for me now.

I shake my head and empty the whiskey bottle. "She's different Sofia. She's different." I close my eyes. I feel her walk to me, her hands touch my shoulder and my body shudders. I long for her so much.

Her lips comes on mine, I hold her face and kiss her back softly. She tastes clean unlike me. "I love you." Her words makes me smile, I open my eyes and am met with Sofia.

I blink and push her away, "What is wrong with you!" I exclaim and stand up.

Her eyes tear up, "I'm in love with you David." She pleads, I shake my head.

"Stop." I grab my suit and walk past her and out of the office. I hear her sobs as soon as I shut the door. "I'm so sorry Sofia." I whisper before exiting the building.

CHAPTER 15{CURSE}

CHAPTER 15
{CURSE}

Next day I need two pills to stabilize my running nose, I put on a mask and leave for the lecture. It's afternoon lecture so the cold has subdued a little.

Adriana: You're dead the next time I see you.

Damiano: I'd like to see you try.
Damiano: Is it bad?

Adriana: I feel like death!
Adriana: I even passed it to Adras.

Damiano: Well you two have very weak immunity.