Chapter 18

C H E R Y L

The main door shuts, I look across my shoulder at Sofia.

"Oh mio Dio, what happened Sof?" I put the magazines down and rush to her. She looks like a dead doll, "Trev look at your sister!" I yell.

I grab her cold hands, she hugs me and begins to cry. My heart aches for her, "Non piangere la cognata." I pat her back and tell her to stop crying.

She begins to sob in Italian, "Why can't he love me Cheryl? Why! Am I not good enough?" She sobs harder.

"Darling what's wrong?" Trevor comes from behind me, Sofia holds onto me tighter. She's drunk and heart broken. "Come to brother darling." He calls her in Italian, she sobs harder then hugs him.

"I don't want to love him fratello." She cries.

"Give me his name darling, I'll make him regret what he did." Trevor beams with anger, his Italian accent comes thicker. I walk to the kitchen to make Sofia some hot chocolate.

I know Sofia won't tell Trevor that guy's name, she wouldn't even tell me but I know she loves him a lot. It's been going on for three years now, I know he's someone from the law firm.

I walk out and find the siblings cuddled on the couch, "Have some." I hold out the cup and she takes it.

"I'm going to marry your brother." She says, the cup I brought for myself almost slips down my hand.

I look at Trevor, "What did she just say?" I ask.

He sighs, "She isn't thinking straight." He pulls Sofia to his chest who sips the hot chocolate.

"But why marry my brother?" I put the mug on the coffee table, "And which brother are we talking about?"

"Il mio amore not now." Trevor pleads me with his eyes and I throw my hands in the air.

"The oldest one, I'd rather be the Queen that someone's concubine." Sofia says.

"Oh Dio stop darling." Trevor coos at his sister.

"Damiano is already seeing someone." I blurt out.

Trevor narrows his eyes at me, "He is?" He tilts his head and I almost curse out loud.

"Yeah, sort of." I tug some hairs behind my ear, "Well that's not the point."

"He can't marry her." Sofia states the fact then looks at her brother. "I want him." She asks like my brother is a freaking toy.

Trevor sighs, "Go sleep you look tired." He stands up. She nods and stands up as well, she gives me the cup and thanks me before walking upstairs. I place the cup next to my full cup.

"Don't tell me–"

Trevor grabs my shoulders, "Calm down. She won't even remember it tomorrow." He says.

"Papá the movie is over." Maria calls in Italian.

"Coming baby girl." He says and picks me in his arms. "Our baby girl needs a sibling to watch movies with." He kisses my neck.

I wrap my arms around his neck, "Well I'm all in for it." I whisper in his ear and kiss his cheek. His hold on me tightens and he gives me his charming smile that made me fall in love with him.