Chapter 16

D A M I A N O

My footsteps are audible to my ears as I race down the university building ignoring anyone and anything coming my way. It's been twenty four hours since I texted her, Adras didn't attend class today. The thought of something happening to her is too much.

The Varóns probably know I'm here and if they made a move, they are as good as dead. I drive to her appartment and climb up within seconds, I ring the bell. I hear a loud thud, it's ten in the morning.

I tap my feet impatiently, "Adriana it's me." I bang on the door this time. I hear things move and a lot of stuff happening inside. The door finally opens and I charge inside, her eyes widen, "Is Adras home?" I ask, she shakes her head. Her hairs a mess, she's wearing tshirt and pants that seems to be Adras's.

I walk in and shut the door behind me, "What are you doing!?" She panicks. Her eyes look swollen, like she cried and her voice hoarse. If anything my anger reaches another peak.

"What happened?" I look around the studio appartment, no walls for except the bathroom. Only one bed. I clench my fists.

Breath in, breath out.

"I don't understand why I should tell you that. And how dare you barge in like this!" She exclaims.

I turn my angry gaze to her, she doesn't even flinch. She glares back harder. "Do you have any idea how worried I was?" I try to control my voice. Her body shakes just for a second.

"Why?" She crosses her arms against her chest, "Just because I didn't answer you texts doesn't mean I'm dead or anything." She snaps.

I take a step closer, her gaze quivers a little but she holds her ground, "You could have been." I graze my thumb over her red cheeks, she probably rubbed them too hard trying to wipe the tears.

She scoffs, "And why would I be dead?"

I blink, my whole body jerks. I didn't just fucking let my guard down, I didn't just - oh heavens!

I turn and run a hand over my face, I curse under my breath. I look at her watching me curiously, I grab her face and kiss her. Her eyes widen for a second before she kisses me back.

Her hands wrap around my torso, I push her back until she lands on the bed. I push my tongue through her lips, the dominant side of me raises as I make her a whimpering mess beneath me. I pin her hands to her side and look at her, she's breathless.

"Tell me what happened." I order. She turns her head to the side, "Did that brother of yours say anything?" I ask carefully but she snaps at me.

"Don't talk about my brothers!"

I'm a bit surprised, me being angry isn't helping. I pull back and sit on the bed. I feel her slowly sit up behind me.

"I'm sorry." She places a hand on my shoulder. I move her hand away slowly and stand up, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have snapped like that." She grabs my hand.

I nod, "It's fine. I just need to calm down." I take deep breaths. A lot of things happened of which many I'm not happy with.

I move closer and kiss the top of her head, she feels warm in my embrace. "I'll call you later." I say. She nods, I place another small kiss on her lips before leaving the apartment.