Pyin Sa • Day 2

Most people were either asleep or barely awake on the Pyin Sa beach as the sun was just barely peeking over the horizon, making the sky a brilliant amalgamation of purple and orange.

"Almost everyone's asleep," Alexa said quietly, their voice hoarse from just waking up.

"I guess we're not working on the shelter yet," Adora replied, just as quietly.

Adora (Pyin Sa Tribe):  I don't usually wake up early ever, but when you're on Survivor, it's not like we get a comfortable bed or anything. I just slept on the sand for like ten hours. And that's pretty much the norm on Survivor. Well, I guess it's not COMPLETELY the norm. Any normal tribe would probably be able to at least consider sleeping on what they have for their shelter on the first night. But not here. We just have, like, a Survivor sandbox.

-

Camryn and Sam were sitting on a rock, facing the water and watching the sun as it rose. "Can we talk about today?" Camryn asked politely.

"Yeah, what's going on?" Sam asked.

"Okay, when we work on the shelter today, you're gonna have to control your temper a bit more," Camryn told him. "People were a little put off yesterday by your mood, and we got nothing done."

"I was just in a really bad mood after losing the challenge yesterday," Sam explained. "I hate losing, you know."

"I've figured that out," Camryn agreed sarcastically.

Camryn (Pyin Sa Tribe): I decided this morning that I was gonna actually talk to Sam. I don't really think anybody deserves to be immediately outcasted and just swept to the side by the rest of their tribe on Day 1. I thought maybe Sam would be in a better mood after he got some sleep and had time to reflect on himself.

"Okay, I'm sorry for acting the way I was yesterday," Sam apologized bluntly. "I'll work on the shelter today and I'll try to not act like that again."

"Perfect," Camryn exclaimed. 

"I'm just glad someone actually talked to me," Sam said. "It was lonely yesterday."

"You kinda separated yourself from everybody else, so nobody really got the chance yesterday, which is why I came to talk to you about it this morning," Camryn explained.

Sam (Pyin Sa Tribe): Camryn actually came to me this morning and talked to me. I do think it's weird that she still wants to give me a chance, even though I got really mad at her yesterday about the shelter, but today, I am determined to fix my behavior from yesterday, and actually help out the tribe.

-

Sam walked back over to the Pyin Sa Tribe, the remaining eight members of which were collected together in a circle, sharing stories about each other. "Yeah, I've been a part of the robotics team for... it's my third year now," Rallin said, as he was in the middle of a conversation. "It's really fun, especially because our team is functional."

"Hey guys?" Sam asked. "Do you think we should work on the shelter?"

"Oh, now?" Rallin asked.

"Yeah," Sam said. "I feel kinda bad about yesterday, and I wanna be more helpful today."

"Don't worry about it too much," Brandon replied passively. "Today's a new day."

"I think he's right," Alexa agreed. "We should probably get started on the shelter. The day's only gonna last so long."

"Yeah, that works for me," Matthew chimed in.

Matthew (Pyin Sa Tribe): Sam came over and told us he was gonna be in a better mood and actually help us work on the shelter today. All I was thinking was, "you better be telling the TRUTH." (laughs)

Brandon (Pyin Sa Tribe): I wasn't sure how much I wanted to believe that Sam was actually gonna help us out and not complain about everything, but I decided I might as well just go with the benefit of the doubt. Maybe the challenge loss is all that set him off yesterday, and he's just a regular guy with TERRIBLE sportsmanship.

Mia (Pyin Sa Tribe): If he acts in any way like he did yesterday, I will vote him out SO fast. But there's a chance I probably will anyways, so take that with a grain of salt.

"Okay, so we're still good for the tent shape?" Adora asked.

"Yeah, I think that works," Alexa replied. "Let's get the frame down so that we can actually start adding more after that."

"Perfect," Adora said.

-

Matthew and Isabella were together out on the shore, weaving more palm fronds for the shelter. "How do you feel about the tribe so far?" Isabella asked.

"Honestly..." Matthew pondered. "I feel pretty good. I think we're a good tribe."

"I feel kind of the opposite," Isabella exclaimed. "I'm getting kinda worried for the immunity challenge."

"Yeah," Matthew agreed. "I'm gonna try hard to get us to win immunity."

"I hope we can actually win the challenge tomorrow," Isabella said. "Sam's gonna probably drive me nuts if we don't."

"Honestly I think we should just vote him off when we can if he's that big an issue," Matthew said bluntly. "People have been saying they don't like him, but nobody's actually said to me they would vote him off."

Matthew (Pyin Sa Tribe): I feel like people need to start talking strategy on this tribe. Literally, no alliances have been formed as far as I know, and there's just been nothing going on. If everyone's saying they want to take Sam out, why don't we just get the people to do that?

"I think we would be good working together," Matthew stated. "Me and you."

"I agree," Isabella exclaimed. "I'm just worried the other seven are working behind our back."

"I don't think so," Matthew said. "We barely were doing anything yesterday. Just letting Sam whine and trying to build the shelter."

"I won't count out the possibility, though," Isabella replied. "We gotta start working our way into the tribe. We need a majority."

"True," Matthew agreed.

Isabella (Pyin Sa Tribe): I feel like Matthew isn't really that good at looking at every possibility. He has good intents, and I want to work with him, but I feel like he just dismisses certain things. Like, he told me there was no chance that the other seven have made a majority alliance and that me, him, and Sam are on the outs. I'm not saying it's certain, but there is obviously a chance here.