Shin Maw • Day 9

Shin Maw, having just come off of a challenge loss—something they were far from used to—was not in as great of a mood as Pyin Sa. "Well, that sucks," John exclaimed. "I'm proud of you guys, though. That's a deceptively hard challenge. You all did your best."

"I kept falling off the beam," Brianna said. "I feel bad. I'm sorry, guys."

"It's whatever," Lauren exclaimed. "We can kick their ass at immunity."

"Unless they take this morale booster and run in circles with it," Liam said.

"It's just spices," Jonah said. "Also, does anybody know where Emmanuel is?"

Everyone turned their heads and looked around to see if they could see Emmanuel, but he didn't seem to be anywhere in sight of the other eight members of Shin Maw.

-

This was because immediately upon returning to camp, Emmanuel had decided he wanted some time to himself, to process the challenge—more specifically, his performance.

"I'm so fucking stupid," he said to himself, kicking the sand in annoyance. "Everyone else could get around each other just fine."

Emmanuel tried to distract himself from the possibility of crying by fixing his hair, picking up small stones and tossing them into the water in front of him, and making carvings in the sand with a nearby stick he found. 

However, as soon as his small stick broke, he passed the point of no return, and the tears started to come out. "I was terrible," he cried into the sleeves of his own shirt.

Emmanuel (Shin Maw Tribe): This game is really difficult, okay? I'm not good at difficult things. I try to push myself because I know that I can probably do it if I put my mind to it, but it's really hard to play a game like Survivor. And I was so slow in that challenge, and just—knowing everybody is disappointed in you for losing. It really gets to you, sometimes. And you can't help but let it out.

-

"He wouldn't be looking for an idol or anything, would he?" Victoria asked.

"I mean, if he feels like he's that bad at challenges that we'd vote him off over that... I can see it happening. But he's probably just in a bad mood and wants time to himself," John exclaimed.

"He's by himself and no one's going out to look for him," Alex interjected. "Perfect time to look."

"I don't think it's malicious, honestly," John said. "I'm sure he's just disappointed in himself."

"He did just lose us the whole challenge," Jonah exclaimed. "Maybe that's why."

"Maybe balance just isn't his strong suit," Lauren suggested.

"He could have... sat out?" Alex exclaimed, which was secretly received with an eye roll from Lauren.

"He could have, maybe," Lauren lied.

Lauren (Shin Maw Tribe): I'm sorry, but excuse me? He could have sat out? YOU could have sat out, Alex! Literally can't support Brianna on a balance beam for two seconds, just like you can't support an alliance for one tribal council... I have no idea where this man gets the NERVE to talk about the things he talks about, but my god. If I didn't have to be strategic about this game at all, I'd vote his ass out so fast. I'd throw the next immunity challenge just to vote his ass out, I don't care. But I can't do that, because then I look dumb. And he's already doing that for me.

-

Lauren, Emmanuel, and John were talking around the water well while pouring water into their canteens. "Alex was talking so much shit about you, I'm gonna be honest," Lauren exclaimed bluntly.