Shin Maw • Night 7

"Karma is such a bitch," Liam said.

It was exactly what Shin Maw did not want to happen. The rain carried over into the night, and it seemed to get more brutal the longer it carried on. "I'm starting to feel a little scared, honestly," John exclaimed. 

"I would fucking hope," Lauren laughed.

Liam (Shin Maw Tribe): So that aged well! It's probably been raining for around six hours again... and this time, it's carried over into the night, which sucks so much. It feels like a Survivor rite of passage, almost... like you have to survive a rainfall that lasts all night to truly be able to say you played the game, or something.

"So, Alex, how's the whole 'it's just water' thing going for you?" Emmanuel asked.

"Oh my god," Alex groaned. "I'm never saying that again." He laughed, but it sounded more like a sad squeak of defeat than anything else.

"Doesn't feel like just water anymore," Emmanuel said.

"It's a lot nicer at home," Alex exclaimed.

"I like the rain at home too, honestly," John interjected. "Like, I love rain. But not like this."

"You like watching rain," Kalyani exclaimed.

"Being in it is fun sometimes," John said casually. "Like, when it's heavy rain and you just stand out there and get wet."

"What the hell?" Victoria asked. "Who does that?"

"No, I see what he's saying," said Brianna. "I can see where it might bring out the adrenaline."

John (Shin Maw Tribe): Now, I love being in the rain. I love getting wet and just standing outside in the middle of a storm. Call me crazy, but it's true! It's fun to do that once in a while. But it gets a lot less fun when you're tired, starved, exhausted, and in the middle of the ocean in Myanmar. 

A particularly loud crash of lightning caused a branch to snap off a tree, which startled Victoria and caused her to shriek. "I want this stupid storm to be over with!" she exclaimed.

"Yeah, that'll help," Emmanuel mumbled very quietly. "Wish it away."

"It's got a few hours left in it, probably," Jonah said.

"Hours?" Victoria asked. "Oh my god."

Lauren (Shin Maw Tribe): When it rains at night, it's like... the worst. So much worse than raining in the day, absolutely. Like, not only is it raining everywhere, but we can't see anything either? HELL no. We don't have a fire, we obviously can't sleep, and we're all cold and wet. It's awful.

"So, by hours, what exactly do we mean?" Liam asked. "Like, the sixty-minute ones... or..."

"Are there shorter hours now?" Jonah exclaimed playfully.

"Can there be?" Liam replied.

"Who was it that was wishing for this rain to not carry over into the night?" Lauren asked.

"Oh, that was me," Kalyani exclaimed. "I regret that now."

"Yeah, you suck at manifesting," Lauren laughed.

"I'm never manifesting again," Kalyani laughed alongside her.

"Save that manifesting to me," Emmanuel exclaimed.

"Or... no one," Lauren said. "There's a curse."

"But we're the tribe that wins everything!" interjected Alex. "How are we cursed?" he joked.

"How are we cursed?" Victoria repeated. "Look around you, it's called rain."

Jonah (Shin Maw Tribe): Whatever strategic divisions go on while the tribe is going about its everyday business just completely evaporate when it rains. It's like it takes you out of the game for a while, and just forces you to bond with these people. And I kind of like that part, even if the rain itself sucks. When you've gone through this with someone, you kind of just feel closer to them... in a sense.

Kalyani sighed. "I just hope it doesn't rain at the challenge tomo—"

"No!" exclaimed about half the tribe. "You're done manifesting!"

Kalyani giggled. "How is it supposed to rain for eighteen hours straight?"

"Just watch," John exclaimed. "It will."

"Come on, don't be a pessimist," said Victoria. "It could be nice and sunny tomorrow," she added, followed by another quieter shriek caused by another crash of lightning.

"I'm being realistic," John replied. "It's Survivor, after all, so you never know."

"Can we use reverse psychology to manipulate the rain gods into keeping us nice and warm?" Liam asked. "I wouldn't mind that."

"Less than half of the words you just said are in the Bible," joked Lauren. A few people laughed.

Emmanuel (Shin Maw Tribe): The longer this rain goes on, the harder it's gonna get for us to be able to perform in challenges. And I hate challenges enough as it is... so I really don't want to even think about that right now. If I could sit out of every challenge, I would. Except for the fun ones, I like those ones.

"Do you think it's possible to try sleeping?" Victoria asked.

"Nope," Alex said bluntly. "There's no way in hell I'm sleeping tonight."

"Yeah, I think we're gonna be awake for a while," Brianna said. "Not exactly easy to sleep while it's raining in your face constantly."

Alex (Shin Maw Tribe): For someone who gets cold as easily as I do, rain is the worst. At least, THIS kind of rain. It, like, stings your skin, and it feels like I'll never be dry again. It really makes you think about going home sometimes, but we all came out here for a reason, and it would be stupid to give up this early.

"Brianna, you're literally shaking," Kalyani said urgently. "Are you okay?"

"Just cold," Brianna replied. "And wet. Like everyone else."

"We're not shaking," exclaimed Emmanuel. "Are you sure you don't want one of our jackets or something?"

"I can give you mine," John offered.

"You can take mine," Jonah said at the same time.

"No, thanks though," Brianna exclaimed. "I should have put mine on before the rain got really bad." Sure enough, Brianna's poor jacket was getting attacked by the heavy rain, thrashing around in the wind but managing to hold on to the branch it was draped over.

Kalyani (Shin Maw Tribe): And poor Brianna, she's shaking! Literally shaking, from how cold the rain is! I couldn't imagine what it would be like to be her right now. I mean, we're all cold, obviously, but I feel like Brianna's got it really bad! And it makes me feel horrible for her. I just hope this rain ends soon so that we can be at our best for tomorrow.