Pyin Sa • Day 2

"This is honestly coming along really well, guys, keep it up," Sam said encouragingly, as the shelter had managed to transform from a glorified sandbox to a legitimate shelter with half a completed roof and a place to actually sleep besides the sand within just a few hours.

"I'm loving this so far," Alexa exclaimed. "We're doing great."

"Yeah, you're really good at building shelters," Sam stated.

"Aww, thank you," Alexa replied.

Isabella (Pyin Sa Tribe): Sam's being the exact opposite of who he was on Day 1. He went from rude and obnoxious yesterday to... overly cheery today. He's just spewing out compliments and encouragement with every sentence. It's definitely a nice change from yesterday, but part of me thinks that this whole "new Sam" is literally just because he doesn't want to be voted out. He's doing... damage control? I guess?

"I mean, talk about damage control," Isabella whispered to Rallin, as Sam walked away.

"Bro is getting desperate," Rallin exclaimed, laughing. "He's getting so desperate."

"I'd take the cheerleader Sam over whatever the hell we got yesterday ANY day of the week," Alexa uttered.

"He's faking it," Isabella said. "At least yesterday, we knew he actually felt that way."

"I honestly don't fucking care if his feelings are genuine or not," Alexa laughed. "I care if his feelings annoy me or not."

Isabella laughed. "You got a point."

Alexa (Pyin Sa Tribe): I don't know how to feel about Sam. He's definitely one of the hardest workers on the tribe, at least today. In terms of getting stuff done, Sam is a lot better of an option for me to keep instead of someone like Isabella, who has probably placed one stupid leaf on the shelter and that's it.

"Isabella, do you wanna go get some more bamboo for the frame?" Adora asked politely.

"Not really," Isabella replied. "I'd probably cut off my finger."

"Oh, alright," Adora exclaimed. "That's okay."

"I'll join you," Alexa said. "Isabella, you can work on placing the palm fronds on the roof or something, with Eyal and Camryn."

"Perfect!" Isabella grinned. "Something I won't lose my finger doing."

Alexa (Pyin Sa Tribe/continued): She's scared of a machete, she clearly has NO experience out in the wild... like, what is the point of even being out here if you don't like camping? Or doing anything outside??

-

Adora and Alexa went together to chop down some bamboo shoots. "I don't know how to feel about Isabella," Alexa said.

"God, neither do I," Adora agreed. "I feel like she's kind of lazy." Adora started whacking the bamboo shoot from the side.

"Why don't you try sawing it?" Alexa asked. "That's what the saw teeth are for."

"There's teeth on this??" Adora asked urgently. "Oh my god, there are!" she laughed. Alexa laughed in fear, as Adora flipped the machete around and started sawing.

"Don't saw towards yourself," Alexa said. "You might cut yourself."

"Alright," Adora said.

Adora (Pyin Sa Tribe): Do I like Alexa right now? Yes. Am I willing to work with her if we go to tribal? Absolutely. Would we be best friends in real life? Well... probably not. But that's the fun part about Survivor for me, is that I get to meet new people like Alexa. Like, she knows everything about all the tools and how to use them, and it's honestly just cool to have someone around that know that kind of stuff. But I have to admit, she's the exact opposite of me.

Adora began to saw through the shoot of bamboo with relative ease. "But yeah, Isabella doesn't really do that much around camp."

"Do you think that's a bigger issue than the drama we had with Sam, though?" Alexa asked.

"If Sam can actually behave today and tomorrow, I'd say yes," Adora said. 

Alexa laughed. "Pretty much." Adora finished sawing the bamboo shoot, which fell squarely into Alexa's hands.

Adora (Pyin Sa Tribe/continued): But the other nice thing about Alexa is that I feel like I can trust her. I don't even know what it is, but something about her just makes me want to work with her. And I'm really hoping she feels the same about me, because we could be a really good alliance if we worked together. Nobody would see it coming.

Adora and Alexa carried the bamboo shoot together over their shoulders back to camp. "I think we could be a really good duo, honestly," Adora exclaimed.

"I was actually thinking the same thing," Alexa agreed. "You were one of the people I got along with the fastest out here, for sure."

"Same here," Adora said. "I don't think it will happen, but if your name gets mentioned, I'm gonna shut that down, and I'll let you know."

"I'll do the same, then," Alexa replied. "It's only fair." She smiled.

"Is there anybody else you're interested in working with?" Adora asked. "We could probably pull in a couple more numbers."

"I'd love to work with Mia and Eyal off the top of my head," Alexa said. "Mia's a super hard worker, and Eyal too, and I just think they put a lot of effort into helping around camp. Those are the kind of people I want to keep around at the start."

Adora (Pyin Sa Tribe): I think forming an alliance right at the start is probably the hardest thing you have to do in this game. And that's because you are literally choosing the people that you are probably going to spend a lot of your time in the game working with. You're setting up boundaries for yourself, and figuring out where you stand in the early days of the game. 

"I absolutely agree with pulling in Mia," Adora exclaimed. "The three stronger girls... it's perfect."

"Exactly," Alexa said. "Okay, we've got one more!" Alexa shouted to the group of Eyal, Rallin, Sam, and Mia, who was working on the roof. 

"Perfect, that's basically all we need to get the basic structure of the roof going," Rallin said.

"And how's the palm fronds going?" Adora asked.

"Isabella, Matthew and Camryn are working on them, I think..." Rallin replied.

Sure enough, Isabella, Matthew, and Camryn were weaving palm fronds together farther down on the sand. "Is that all they've been doing??" Mia asked frantically.

"Matthew helped a bit with the roof earlier," Brandon noted.

"Weaving palm fronds for the roof is literally all he's done today," Rallin said.

"Somebody has to do them," Adora exclaimed. "Or we'll all get wet."

"Man, I don't even know anymore," Rallin uttered. "This tribe is so screwed tomorrow if we don't work together."

Rallin (Pyin Sa Tribe): To say that I am nervous about the immunity challenge tomorrow is a MASSIVE understatement. I am absolutely TERRIFIED of whatever this challenge is gonna be. One day, we have Sam having a little attitude around the whole tribe, and our shelter's a mess, and now a third of the tribe is sitting on the beach weaving palm fronds for like four hours... Four HOURS! I mean, is it really THAT time-consuming to weave palm fronds? This whole tribe is just a MESS.