Reward Challenge - By The Numbers • Day 9

"Come on in!" exclaimed Jeff.

As per usual at this point, it was the yellow tribe, Shin Maw, who walked into the challenge first. Having won two of three immunity challenges so far, Shin Maw had a one-person advantage over Pyin Sa, just as they did in the Final 19. In addition, they had won every reward challenge so far in this game, and they would love to turn three reward victories into four.

 In addition, they had won every reward challenge so far in this game, and they would love to turn three reward victories into four

And right behind them came the Pyin Sa Tribe. Motivation wasn't so hot on Pyin Sa, but there was more than usual to go around on the tribe this time because of a pep talk that was held just minutes before heading out for this challenge. Could they perhaps win today?

"You were right," John whispered to Jonah, noticing what the challenge was

Today's challenge was very simple in design—it had a platform in the middle, a Shin Maw-colored balance beam extending from the left side to a smaller platform at the end, and a Pyin Sa-colored balance beam extending from the right side to a smaller platform at the end.

Shin Maw got settled on their mat, and Liam, who was carrying the tribe flag, stuck it down in the sand. "Shin Maw, getting your first look at the new Pyin Sa Tribe... Isabella voted out at the last tribal council," Jeff exclaimed, as Pyin Sa came around behind Shin Maw and onto their mat. Eyal placed down the tribe flag.

"Oh wow," Brianna said.

"Shocker," Lauren whispered sarcastically.

"Alright, you guys ready to get to today's reward challenge?" Jeff asked.

Everyone agreed, and Jeff started explaining. "For today's challenge, you'll be lined up side by side on a narrow balance beam over the water. One by one, you'll work to get each tribe member around everyone else and across the balance beam, only touching one tribe member at a time as they do so. If you fall off, or get knocked off, you have to go back to the start. You can change your crossing order if you wish, but you would have to jump into the water to do so. The first tribe to get all eight members across the balance beam and onto the finish platform wins reward."

"Wanna know what you're playing for?" Jeff asked. Everyone, once again, agreed. "It's simple, but it gets the job done..."

Jeff pulled the cover off of the table next to him, to reveal a basket with a very wide variety of spices. Garlic, thyme, oregano, paprika, basil, nutmeg, salt, pepper... there had to have been around 20 spices. In addition, there were spools of fishing line, flippers, and a Hawaiian sling. "More fishing supplies, and a ton of spices," Jeff exclaimed. "This is all you need here to catch and eat a good meal in this game. If you can't do anything with this... you might need to rethink why you're here in this game." A few people laughed.