Pyin Sa • Night 7

"Ugh," Eyal groaned. "This is the worst rain ever."

Pyin Sa was getting the same terrible rain storm that Shin Maw was getting. It was pitch black, without a chance on Earth of a fire ever coming to life. And nine members of Pyin Sa were trapped in their shelter, in the dark, with nothing to do but let the rain take its course.

Unfortunately, Pyin Sa's shelter was still worse than Shin Maw's, and on top of the terrible rain outside of the shelter, some of the rain was leaking through the roof.

"Oh my god, it's like leaking through the roof," Adora said.

"I can feel it dripping on my neck," exclaimed Brandon.

"Can you move away from it?" Alexa asked.

"It's dripping everywhere," Rallin said. "No use."

Brandon (Pyin Sa Tribe): I don't think a lot of people really take the time and think about the rain situation on Survivor... because it's genuinely terrible. And it doesn't help that our shelter literally sucks. We barely put it together in the first, like, four days, and then it just... never improved.

"I just hate that I can't see anything," Matthew complained. 

"It's the middle of the night," exclaimed Adora.

"Yeah, and we have no fire or anything," Matthew said. "It just makes this a lot worse, that's all."

"We can get through it," said Camryn encouragingly. "It's just a matter of waiting it out."

"Waiting gets harder to do by the minute," Mia exclaimed.

Matthew (Pyin Sa Tribe): It's just the fact that it's raining like this and it's at night... that makes it a lot worse for me. I hate getting rained on, and I hate it even more when it's pitch black and I can't see anything.

"At least the other tribe's getting the rain, too," said Isabella. "It's gonna be an even playing field tomorrow."

"Their blankets are wet now," Mia laughed. "So much for that reward." 

"They still get to have them for 32 more days," Rallin implied. "It's at least a little bit of a shield."

"Ugh," Isabella groaned. "Why did they win?"

"They win everything," Adora said. "I just want to have hope that we'll win tomorrow, but it's dwindling."

"We're a strong tribe," Alexa exclaimed. "We just need something we're good at... or something they suck at, like slingshots."

Mia (Pyin Sa Tribe): I honestly don't have a lot of confidence that this tribe is gonna bring it their all at the next challenge like we should be. Because the truth is... we suck as a whole tribe. I'm not that bad at challenges, but as a whole tribe, we kind of suck in general.

"Honestly, I believe in us," Mia lied.

"Yeah, I think we can win stuff, but we need to put our minds to it," Brandon said.

"Tomorrow, we need to focus and act like a team," Matthew exclaimed.

"Exactly," Alexa agreed. "We're never gonna get anywhere if we don't."

Mia (Pyin Sa Tribe/continued): But I'm not gonna say that, of course. This tribe's morale is terrible enough as it is. Is it too much to ask for me to have a decent group of people for challenges? Really?

-

The rain calmed down after a while, although it certainly did not stop. "Can I have the machete?" Isabella asked. "Where is it?"

"What the hell are you gonna do with that?" Alexa asked. "It's raining and pitch black."

"Make a fire...?" Isabella said, as if Alexa were stupid.

"It's... raining," Alexa repeated, "and pitch black."

"Right," Isabella exclaimed. "Your point?"

"You're not starting a fire with wet firewood while it's raining," Mia said.

"I don't even think I've seen you make a fire while it's daytime," Adora laughed. 

"Well, it could work..." Isabella mumbled.

Isabella (Pyin Sa Tribe): I feel like the girls don't really like me that much. I don't know what it is, because I don't think I did anything, but it's just one of those things you can kind of sense. I'm hoping that they're still willing to work with me, though, because it's important that I get the numbers I need to blindside Camryn.

"I don't think there's been a fire made during a downpour in 21 years of Survivor," Rallin said. "I wouldn't try it, you'll just waste the magnesium on the flint."

"I could make history," Isabella laughed.

Rallin (Pyin Sa Tribe): The more I think about it, the less confident I get about this whole thing Isabella's planning. It's just not gonna click, I don't think. She thinks she has more allies than she actually does, and I feel like I'm only sticking next to her for these next few days because I honestly don't know what's gonna happen. It's making me nervous.

"Tomorrow, we need to get firewood," Alexa said.

"And what are we gonna use that for?" Eyal asked. "Building a shelter? Have we not just discussed that a fire is not gonna happen?"

"It's gonna clear up tomorrow," Alexa exclaimed. "I think we should get firewood."

"I mean, like, you can do that, but I feel like we should wait to see if the rain clears up before we do a whole bunch of work for the fire," Brandon said.

"I just feel like it's better to get it done now rather than later," Alexa replied.

Alexa (Pyin Sa Tribe): This tribe is very odd with its work ethic, I've gotta be honest. But I can't just go around and force everyone to do work all the time if they don't want to, because my ass will be out of this game so fast if I do that... I want to keep up the provider role, since I know it makes me an asset to the tribe, but at the same time, historically, people who have tried to take on that role haven't been very successful in Survivor, so there's a lot of balance I need to have as a provider.

A particularly loud crash of lightning made Camryn flinch. "The lightning is getting closer," Camryn said.

"I think you can tell if it gets further by checking the amount of time between each crash," Adora mentioned.

Camryn started visibly counting, although her lips were not moving.

And then another crash came. "Around twelve seconds," she said, and she resumed counting.

Then, a few seconds later, the next crash came. "Ugh," Camryn groaned. "That was also twelve seconds."

"So the storm isn't moving," Rallin joked.

Camryn (Pyin Sa Tribe): Apparently, you can figure out if a storm is getting closer or farther away by just counting how long is between each strike of lightning. And, it's a way to pass time, so you bet I was doing that for however long, just to get away from the boredom. It's probably, like, 1 AM right now... and I'd never stay up that late normally, but can I really help it when it's raining like this?

Another crash of lightning. "That one was just ten seconds!" Camryn exclaimed.

"So it's coming closer? After all that?" Isabella asked. "Oh my god."