Shin Maw • Day 10

Kalyani and Victoria were sitting around the shelter, the former laying in the shelter and the latter next to her on the hammock. "Do you know anything about this rivalry going on between Alex and Brianna?" Victoria asked.

"I—well, a little," Kalyani admitted. "Is it bad?"

"It's really bad, and it's pissing me off," Victoria said, her tone indicating frustration. "Like, the only ally I have in this game is someone who refuses to make amends with the one person that will save us both from being voted off. It's so stupid!"

"I'm not against you," Kalyani exclaimed. "I'm not apart of all these weird rivalries. I've tried to actually distance myself from that."

"Right," Victoria agreed. "You're in with the others now."

"Not really," Kalyani said. "They had 6 days to gain each other's trust that I didn't have. I've been trying to connect with them, and you should be too... but it's not like we've become ride-or-dies or anything."

Kalyani (Shin Maw Tribe): The truth is, I feel pretty comfortable with my position on the tribe now. I think I've made a good recovery from voting wrong at the Shiloh vote, and even though everyone else from that alliance is kind of falling apart, I think I've held my cool. Everything just kinda shifted, and I just shifted with it. I think that if I can continue to do that, I have a lot of hope for myself in this game.

"I just don't want to have my game be attached to Alex's if the whole tribe is now turning on him," Victoria admitted. "I do like Alex, but if everyone wants him gone... there's only so much I want to do to protect him, at this point."

"He's kind of doing it to himself," Kalyani exclaimed. "Like, I don't even think he realizes he's that big of a target right now."

"He should realize," Victoria said. "I told him that people were talking about him."

"So he's aware," Kalyani exclaimed, "but he isn't doing anything about it?"

"Well, I told him!" Victoria snapped. "I told him, make amends with Brianna, because she's getting in with the majority alliance and she's getting the connections, and he just shut down my idea completely because he doesn't like Brianna."

Victoria (Shin Maw Tribe): There's only so much of this that I can take! Alex is not a bad person, and I wouldn't mind working with him... but I don't think I can anymore, if he's gonna be stubborn like this when our lives in this game are very much at stake. I just have to move forward, at this point, because any other option will not cut it.

-

"How do you feel about this whole Alex situation going on right now?" Lauren asked. "Would Alex be, like, a good target for you...?"

"I mean, it's a little weird that everybody just hates the guy now, but I guess it's fine, yeah," Jonah exclaimed. 

Jonah and Lauren were both walking towards where they typically collected firewood, which required them to walk down a rather long, jagged trail in the midst of the island jungle.

"It's not like everyone's just turning on him for the hell of it," Lauren said.

"No, no, absolutely not," Jonah agreed. "He's kinda doing it to himself..."

"Yeah, and—" Lauren exclaimed, but her sentence was cut short when she caught her foot on the side of a bush, and tripped, falling forwards onto the ground. 

"Oh my gosh—are you okay?" Jonah asked.

"I'm fine," Lauren said.

Jonah (Shin Maw Tribe): So, me and Lauren were talking about our plans in the game, just in case we lose immunity tomorrow. And then, Lauren somehow catches her foot on something that was sticking barely out of the ground, tucked under a bush. Had she not tripped over it, I wouldn't have seen it. It blended in with the rocks. But it wasn't a rock.

"What did you even trip over?" Jonah asked.

"Probably just a rock or something," Lauren said, standing up and wiping the dirt off her pants. 

"No, it's like... it's not a rock," Jonah exclaimed, examining what Lauren tripped over closer. 

Jonah attempted to pull the mysterious object out of the ground, and although it took some physical effort, he managed to get it out. "It's a pot," Lauren said.

And sure enough, this pot was identical to the clay pot Adora from the other tribe had discovered three days prior, down to the note attached to it—although, Lauren and Jonah were not aware of Adora's discovery, as only Adora herself was there to witness it. "There's a note on the back," Lauren said, pointing out a piece of parchment attached firmly to the side of the pot that Jonah was not examining.

Jonah turned the pot around, and read the note aloud. "If you can find a way to destroy this, what you seek is waiting inside," he read.

Lauren snatched the pot out of Jonah's hands, and started violently shaking the pot. There was the sound of liquid splashing around inside, as well as something that was clearly hitting the walls of the pot as Lauren shook it. "Something is inside this."

"You don't think..." Jonah exclaimed. "You don't think this could be the idol?"

Jonah (Shin Maw Tribe/continued): And then, it clicked. I think Lauren might have just tripped over the immunity idol.

"We need to break this," Jonah said. "Preferably, somewhere quietly—"

Lauren interrupted Jonah's sentence by tossing the pot a few feet ahead of them, letting it smash into pieces on the ground, causing yellow-dyed liquid to spill everywhere on the main firewood path. "...or we can do that. They're gonna notice the paint, though."

"Whatever, that's the idol!" Lauren exclaimed excitedly, pointing at the Burmese jade pendant laying on the ground in the midst of the spilled liquid.

The pair walked over to the immunity idol, and Jonah picked it up. "Who's keeping this?" Jonah asked. 

"I'm the reason we have it," Lauren said. "I tripped over it."

"That's true, I trust you enough," Jonah exclaimed, passing the idol over to Lauren, who slipped it in her pants for the time being.

Lauren (Shin Maw Tribe • 1 Immunity Idol): Jonah and I found the immunity idol! I'm kinda freaking out a little, because I know these things are super good, and if you use them correctly, they can do amazing things. But I'm also worried that this could be used incorrectly. However, I don't really think I will be using it incorrectly. That's just not how I roll.

"This idol is staying between us?" Jonah asked.

"Oh my god, of course," Lauren exclaimed. "I'm not telling shit to anyone about this idol... not unless we have to."

"We shouldn't have to," Jonah said. "This can be our little secret."

Jonah (Shin Maw Tribe): I think I trust Lauren a lot more now that we have the immunity idol. I'm worried a little bit, because it's technically in her possession, so she can do whatever she wants with the idol. But I think we've become very close allies over the course of the game so far, and I can trust her. I'll just have to hope she can trust me the same.