Matt - Escape

Monster Torm broke and dashed through whatever was in their way to make it a quick escape. That didn't mean they didn't try being as destructive as they could though. Whether it was young soldiers who had frozen in terror that they flicked out of the way like ants or walls they simply punched through for no reason, there just didn't seem to be anything capable of stopping their rampage. I was cheering them on the whole time, of course. My anger at Tom for never telling me about this awesome monster he could turn into was quickly vanishing. It was just such a blast to watch them be destructive. And hey, not only was I heavily protected in one of their big claws, but also got to see them fight up close. There was just no way NOT to be excited. If only Edd was still conscious to witness this! But he had been easily knocked out.

There were a bunch of soldiers who tried to shoot us with all kinds of weapons, but Torm's skin must have been too thick  to injure them with any of those. They didn't seem to bleed at all and I had yet to hear them hiss, whine or screech out in pain. They mostly made excited noises, but that was honestly to be expected. Those two loved violence and destruction, so it was not hard to imagine how much they were enjoying themselves right now. Even though parts of them almost seemed... reluctant. Well, I heard Paul or Patryck mention Tord being someone called... 'Red Leader'? So I think he was probably destroying his own army right now. Since they had kidnapped me, I didn't really care as much. They got what they deserved. I did not want to know how bad my face must look right now. Especially my hair. They should be grateful I'd be home before I got to see the damage they caused. 

Finally, Tom and Tord seemed to have reached the thickest wall yet. They stomped into a big, wide area filled with a few tanks and other military vehicles. While there was a giant metal door that would probably open with a simple press of a button, they seemed set on destroying the wall. I really couldn't blame them for that. But this metal door could only mean we were close to freedom. "Break that wall!" I cheered as they punched the wall the first time. They made a big dent and cracks started to form, but otherwise it stayed intact. Explosions and a few yells were echoing through the background... for some reason? We had nothing to do with that one. We weren't even close to that area. Even Monster Torm looked confused. "What are those guys doing...?"

As if to answer my question a voice came out of a speaker right next to us. It was one of the guys that kidnapped me and Edd. "All the traitors and spies of enemy armies or the government that are secretly part of the army... stop using this invasion as an opportunity us! This is not the time for betrayals! Go back to staying undercover for whoever you are working for!" Monster Torm used one of their free claws to facepalm while their mouth twisted into a grin. Tom was definitely having fun with this. Tord... not so much.

"Awww... they do this every single time." A woman not so far away from us carefully put the grenade she was holding back on the floor before walking away with her arms crossed and a pout on her face. "I'll never get to do my job at this point!" We all watched her leave, dumbfounded. Except for Edd who was hanging in Monster Torm's claw like a wet sack of potatoes. Huh.

After a moment of silence, Monster Torm continued punching the wall over and over again, until finally an actual hole started to form. Some light fell through and the sound of birds chirping was audible, even if it was barely. They grabbed the edges of the hole with two of their claws and began tearing more and more off until they could comfortably fit through.

They screeched something resembling a victory cry when they finally forced their body through the hole, raising all four of their claws in the air. I couldn't help but grin as well. This was amazing! I couldn't wait to tell Edd everything he missed. He'd be so jealous!

They immediately began walking in one direction, like they knew exactly where they were going. Tom and Tord only shot one look back at the base before they had seemingly decided those guys were no longer a threat. They visibly relaxed, even if it was just a little, and made their way through the woods until they reached a huge red robot. My eyes widened at the sight. They put both of us down and posed in front of the robot. It honestly looked more embarrassing than victorious in this form. From their expression I could tell Tom probably knew that.

"Seriously?! What else are you two hiding?!" I whined. They began awkwardly rubbing their barely existent neck with one claw. "You really have a problem with keeping secrets..." I glared at them. "My most well kept secret is my specific hair gel and face cream. You guys have serious problems." And they didn't bother telling me anything! How many times would their stuff have helped us? How many times did my face get injured when they could have prevented it? I was going to keep secrets now, too, just to be spiteful.

"How do you even expect us to go home with that?" I frowned, staring at its cockpit. "You do realise you won't fit in there? You're way too huge!" They carefully grabbed its head with their claws to examine the robot and whined. While I could try and fly Edd and I back home, they would have to do that by foot...

Before we could decide what to do now, a satellite came falling down and crashed right into the robot. Tom and Tord barely had time to let go and jump away to take cover before the robot exploded, pieces of metal raining down on the area. I was fast enough to dive behind a tree. Even though none of us tried to save Edd, he was lucky enough to lie on the only spot the pieces didn't reach. It came pretty darn close though.

"Well, that's just bad luck," I muttered as I took in the damage. Who would have known that robot could get destroyed so easily? And where did the satellite come from? Was this convenient author intervention yet again?

Tord screeched in anger and began stomping on the few pieces left of the satellite while their expression was that of boredom. Tom couldn't care less it seemed.