Matt - Better or worse?

"Matt?" The voice was nothing more than a whisper, but it shook me to my core.

I opened my eyes to stare right in Edd's way to close face. He was standing right above my bed, leaning over me. What was he doing in my room right in front of me in the middle of the night? "Edd? What's up? Why are you in my room? I thought you hated it in here..."

"It's... it's about Tom and Tord. I heard strange sounds coming from their room and..."

"Then why don't you go there?" I whined. "I need my beauty sleep, Edd! Who knows how long I will stay young and handsome? You can't expect me to do your job for you!"

Edd gave me a death glare. "I don't want to look like a worried, overprotective mother just because these idiots can't stop fighting. I am just their friend after all. I am worried about them, but sometimes I think I am looking after them to much. I'm going on a strike and nobody can stop me. So I think you should check on them instead."

"I need my beauty sleep, Edd," I groaned, and closed my eyes again. I shifted around in my bed until I had my back towards him, so he wouldn't see me sleep any longer. Suddenly, I was pushed out of the bed and fell on the ground, hitting my face in the process. My face!

"Edd!" I screamed in pure agony. "Why did you do this, you monster?! My beautiful face!! What if it's ruined now?!"

Edd just rolled his eyes. "Just check if our friends are okay and I will leave you alone. You look fine, geez..."

"And what if I don't... ?" I sniffed, glaring at him.

"It's simple, I will steal your novelty toy collection... probably also your mirrors... and use our tank to destroy it." I sighed. Edd could really be a jerk sometimes. It was better not to piss him off when he was like that. I got up from the ground, but not without whining about him hurting my beautiful face. He didn't seem all that interested, instead he grabbed a mirror and held it like he was about to drop it. With a tired groan, I walked down the stairs and to Tom and Tord's room, but stopped in front of the door when I heard whispering. I couldn't understand what they said unfortunately, but I did notice it sounded... excited. Should I call their names and ask them if they were okay? Yeah, that would be a good idea. They'd tell me to fuck off and I'd get to leave. Then I could go back to sleep. Edd would be happy, they would be happy and I would be happy. Problem solved.

"TOM! TORD! ARE YOU OKAY?!" I shouted, maybe a bit too loud. But just a bit.

"Argh!" I cringed at the sound of their surprised yell. Then, I heard stehe sound of water splashing the floor. "You spilled it on us, you idiot!"

"It's not my fault Matt needed to yell like the world is about to end!" Tom defended himself.

Oh no... I was so dead... I gulped and slowly opened the door to check up on them, praying not to get killed for my mistake. The fusion was standing in front of the invention table and didn't look very happy. A black liquid was all over them, but most of it was currently vaporising on the floor. Was that something to turn them back...? Did I just... ruin it for them?

"I-I'm sorry..." Pleasedon'tkillmepleasedontkillme-

"Well, it was finished anyway, so ... it should turn things back to normal," Tord sighed. "Now we just have to hope that it works. If it doesn't than... there really is no antidote. Then we'll stay like this..."

"Guys? What do you mean?" I asked, but they simply ignored me, concentrating on their hands.

"So what do I have to expect?" Tom asked. They sat down on the ground, leaning against the wall and waited.

"Guys! Tell me what you mean!" I stomped my foot on the ground, but they still didn't look at me.

"Well, we should separate any second, hopefully without any side effects," Tord answered with a shrug. "We'll see. I'm definitely going to miss my ten inch dick," he sighed.

"Of course... that's what you- wait, side effects?! What do you mean with side effects?! You never said anything about-"

"There is a slight chance we might accidentally get some character traits of each other or some body parts of each other's looks since we have been fused for a while. It's unfortunate, but let's just hope we-"

"And you're telling me this NOW?!" Tom yelled. "Are you fucking serious?!"

"Could you please explain to me what you mean with there is no antidote thing?!" I shouted over their bickering.

"We have other things to discuss here, Matt! Shut up and go back to sleep!" I decided that being yelled at was a very good reason to stay here and to do the opposite of what they said just to annoy them. Nobody yells at a handsome person like me and gets away with it!

Suddenly they fell to their knees, yelping in pain. "It... it hurts!"

"What did you expect? Feeling like... like you're in love or what?" Tord hissed through his teeth.

"Fuck you, commie!" Tom shouted and tried to give Tord a one-finger salute, but it didn't look like something he could realistically do, so he gave up.

What I just was witnessing kind of shocked me. I wasn't sure if I things were supposed to happen... like this. No, definitely not. They looked even weirder than they had before.

It looked like their pain had finally died away as they began to get up. "Oh great, we are still fused! Does this serum take time to work or what?" Tom asked. They hadn't actually noticed...?

"Well, you have four arms now..." I muttered as I kept on staring at them. It was true. They had grown one extra arm on each side, both in sleeves of their respective colors. They now had both a red and a blue sleeve on either side.

"That's great, Ma- Wait what?!?!" They stared at their two new arms in disbelief, trying to choke out an appropriate response before they began to scream like Edd did when he saw a spider. The other two arms were placed over their mouth as they kept on staring at the new ones. "Holy firefly that makes a child cry!" Tom's muffled voice came through their hands,

"Why? WHY?! Who wants me to suffer that much?!" Tord yelled. Tears rolled down their cheeks. "Why should I suffer?!? I never did anything wrong and I never will! What... what is this...?!"

"Th-this is just a temporary condition. We will unfuse in a few minutes... R-right, Tord?" Tom asked, his voice quavering in fear. He tried to grin confidently, but it didn't work.

"I... Tom, it doesn't work like that... we won't... Either it works completely or it... it never will," Tord sobbed.

"S-so we really are stuck... Forever trapped in one body... Together..." Their eyes widened. Two pairs of arms wrapped around them. Oh thank god, finally they actually made sense. They were fused forever!

...oh. That. That wasn't a good thing...

"Y-yes."

"You two... can't fix this? You guys are stuck like this?" I asked quietly. Should I... should I tell Edd about this? He deserved to know, didn't he...?

"Why couldn't we make this a mind conversation...?" Tom growled.