Tord - Grief and acceptance

My beautiful all mighty robot... it's all ruined now...! I cried as I looked at what was left of what had previously been my perfect ultimate weapon. My little baby. It had been such a magnificent masterpiece to take over the world. And now all that was left of it was broken and bent metal. All thanks to that fucking satellite! I hadn't thought anything or anyone was capable of getting it destroyed. Where had it even come from?

You can still build a new one, Tord. You probably still have the blueprints and stuff. It's not that big of a deal. Tom was actually trying to cheer me up, not trying to make me even more angry like he usually did, I knew that. But he was just so bad at it! He didn't even know what that robot had meant to me! How important it had been!

You wouldn't want to replace Susan either, I growled, clenching my fists- or, well, claws. And Tomee Bear as well. It was something too important to lose! I can't just get over it's destruction like that!

Yeah, but they are aware and actually have feelings unlike... that thing. You're just mad because all the effort you put into it ended with it being destroyed. That smartass...! I was going to strangle him some day...!

I was supposed to get it for my army!

You just destroyed your own bloody army, commie. Does it even matter anymore at this point?

"Uh... can we please go home now...?" We had almost forgotten that Matt was still around. He was awkwardly walking towards us, dragging Edd's unconscious body around by his limp arms. Edd's khakis were getting pretty dirty, but Matt didn't seem to even notice as he was frowning up at us.

We just shrugged. It had taken us quite a while to get here. And that had been when we were flying my robot back here. Obviously we could try getting back home by foot, but who knew how long that would take? And my soldiers might follow us to capture the monster that had wrecked the base. Even if we transformed back and managed to get someone to pick us up and drive us back to our house, things would unfortunately still be a complicated mess. Especially now that they knew more about the Red Army. Something I had been meaning to avoid as much as possible. If they just hadn't come early from their fishing trip, things would be fine. But things hadn't turned out that way unfortunately. Now I was stuck sharing a body with Tom with no way to get back to the army. Tom didn't care about armies and political things, he'd never agree to join me. So trying to get him to become its leader was a hopeless endeavor. But do I even want to go back...?

Have your existential crisis somewhere else! We're not safe here. Let's just run all the way back. We'll manage that easily. We've survived far worse than this before. With that, Tom grabbed Matt and Edd by their feet. Matt was squeaking, more out of surprise than fear while staring up at us with wide eyes.

Do you even know where to go...? I frowned. I wasn't sure if trusting Tom with getting us back home was such a good idea. He was drunk most of the time, I doubted that he even knew how to get home when he was absolutely wasted. Sure, he wasn't drunk right now since I had made sure of that, but I doubted he really took note of his surroundings anymore at this point. He just walked until someone found him.

Nah, but that won't stop me, Tom chuckled. He was too stubborn, so I decided just to let him do what he wanted. There were plenty of opportunities to complain later. So we began making our way through the woods. Unfortunately, Matt took our inability to talk as an invitation to talk to us. Nonstop. Complaining about the time he had spent being kidnapped. Bragging about his 'beautiful' face (he was pretty average looking, but unfortunately I couldn't tell him that).

We're definitely not going to be bored... Tom groaned. But I'm not sure if being annoyed is worse.

It is! Please let me give his face a little scar so he'll finally be quiet. I whined loudly. Matt stared up at us and stopped his flood of words long enough to assure us that we were unstoppable. How unaware could someone be...?

Don't do that! A bunch of curses flooded my mind like a tsunami wave. He will kill us!

I was just joking, I thought, even though I really wasn't. I just didn't want another argument.

And I'm supposed to believe that? Suuure. Tom snorted and shook our head in disbelief.

Yeah-

Apparently he had shook his head a bit too harshly because Matt cried out, "My hair!" Our claws had moved around as well and his hair had become entangled in a few low hanging branches that made him look like a bird had attempted to build a nest in there. I couldn't help but chuckle, earning me a death glare from the ginger while he tried to fish them out of his hair. He was quiet after that, sulking because he couldn't tell if there were still some of the branches he had missed. My mood was immediately improved while Tom seemed slightly more annoyed.

After a few hours we finally reached the edge of the forest, the sight of a road right in front of us that led into the city they lived in. Tom put Edd and Matt down and sat down on the grass. Edd was still knocked out, causing me to worry a bit. Matt on the other hand seemed completely fine, even though he was still pouting. He had a slight scratch over his right eye that was bleeding, but it didn't seem like he had noticed yet. He was muttering to himself about the dirty branches that had ruined his hairstyle.

Now we have to wait until we turn back... Tom lied down and yawned.

Immediately, I was getting angry. There was no time for relaxing when we didn't know if we were being followed. How overconfident was he?! Why?! Let's just get home before my soldiers catch up to us! They might be closer than you think! 

Unfortunately, I've already been in a... situation with our city once. I'm not going to cause mass hysteria again. So we were caught between a rock and a hard place... and both outcomes weren't all that great. Especially since Paul and Patryck knew where we lived anyway. And I was sure that, when we came to rescue them, Matt had shouted the fake name we had taken for our fusion situation. The one Edd had previously told them. We were utterly fucked.