Nobody - Midnight terrors

It was late by now. Everyone had gone to bed already. The fusion was sleeping in their room, having another shared dream, Edd was snoring in his bed, dreaming about a gigantic can of coke that had fallen from the sky and Matt had fallen asleep on the couch whilst watching one of these films about a boy with a lightning shaped scar on his forehead who had just found out he was a wizard. So nothing too exciting.

It was all just a normal night...

Or so they thought.

The sudden sound of breaking glass in the kitchen woke Matt up from his beauty sleep. He sat up, listening for any more sounds, but there was nothing. He stood up from the couch, still feeling a little disoriented, and tiptoed into he next room, afraid that walking around normally would wake up one of the others. They could be really mean and grouchy when he woke them up too early and he didn't want to risk that.

"W-who is there? Torm, is that you? Ugh, this isn't funny..." He switched the lights on.

The first thing he noticed was the pieces of glass scattered on the ground, the second was the broken window. Before he even realised what was going on someone had put their hand over his mouth. He struggled, trying to free himself, but when he felt someone pressing a knife on his throat he stopped, fearing the intruder might hurt him.

"Stay quiet or I will break your neck, got it?" someone whispered in his ear. Matt nodded, fearing the person behind him might destroy his beautiful face. "Ah, someone is finally offering no resistance to me. That's nice! Thank you for that!"

"Should I be worried about the fact you are thanking this guy for not making noises and just letting us kidnap him?" another man questioned. Matt didn't know why, but he sounded familiar... Did he know that guy from somewhere?

"Shut up, Paul! We have no time for having an argument about this! And who says we will kidnap him?!" the first man whisper-yelled.

"I do, Pat. He just witnessed too much, we cannot leave him here anymore. What if he tells his roommates?"

"Is that really what you are-"

"Matt, what are you doing here this late? Don't you know it's-" Three pairs of eyes looked into the direction the voice was coming from. Edd walked into the kitchen, rubbing his eyes, but when he noticed the two intrudes standing behind Matt, one of them pressing a knife at his friend's thoat, he interrupted himself, staring at them for a moment. "This is not-"

Before Edd could scream, the second man, Paul, jumped at him and tackled him to the ground. "Why do we never get an easy job?" Pat muttered loud enough for Matt to hear.

"Because we can actually successfully do this job unlike every other soldier."

"Let me go!" Edd shouted, trying to kick the other man. "Let me go or I'll fight you with my puns!"

Paul rolled his eyes and put his hand on Edd's mouth, but the cola loving male didn't give up that easily. "Aaaah! He bit me! He fucking bit me!" Paul shouted, letting go of him.

Grinning like he had already won, Edd grabbed the very confused Ringo from the ground and threw her in Pat's face. "Ringo, I need you to be a CATastrophic menace!" Her claws scratched the man's face and he screamed in pain.

But Paul stood up again, pointing a gun at Edd. "We wanted to do this the easy way, but it looks like we can't anymore... fuck no violence orders. Where is Red Leader?"

Both Edd and Matt gave him confused looks. "Who?"

"Ugh, right, you don't know him as that..." Paul seemed pretty annoyed at this point. Nothing was going as planned...

Muttering a few creative curses, Pat finally managed to get the grey cat off his face, carefully putting her down on the ground. He might be a soldier who had just been attacked by a small animal, but that didn't mean he would hurt her. "Tord. Where is Tord?"

Edd and Matt exchanged looks. Of course they COULD tell them. But these guys had just broken into the house and tried to hurt them. Why should they bother telling them the informations they wanted?

But before they actually came to a conclusion they were interrupted by yelling. "Knock it off, guys! I am trying to sleep!"

Paul and Pat looked at each other, then at Edd and Matt. "Was that this guy...Tom was his name?"

"N-no, that wasn't him. That's someone else. Tom isn't here," Matt answered. He wanted to tell them who that was, but he glanced at Edd and saw him slowly shaking his head, so he chose not to say anything else.

"Then I don't think it's worth it to kidnap him as well," Paul replied.

"Wait, kidnapping?!" Edd asked, taking a step backwards.

"Yes, Edward. We don't know where Red Lea - Tord is, and seeing that Tom isn't here it's better to kidnap you to make sure he comes and we can find out where our leader is. Obviously he knows."

"Wha-? Hey, how do you know my-"

Paul rolled his eyes and shot at Edd who went limp and fell on the ground immediately.

Matt screeched in surprise and Pat and Paul had to cover their ears because of the disturbing sound coming out of his mouth. Paul stepped forward and knocked him out, pretty much done with the shit going on.

"It's just a tranquilizer pistol," Paul muttered, looking at the tranquilizer dart at Edd's forehead. "No need to kill my ears." Ringo rubbed her head against his leg, causing him to freeze and look down. "Stupid cat!" he growled, ready to kick her.

"Hey, don't hurt a harmless animal!" Pat shouted, realising what the other soldier was about to do.

"Harmless? I'm not sure if you've noticed, Patryck, but it has scratched you."

Patryk raised an eyebrow. "I want to see you when you're suddenly thrown into someone's face. She was surprised, that's all." He touched the scratches on his face, hissing at the pain.

The other man chuckled and picked Edd's body from the ground, carrying him on his shoulder to the broken window. "Let's get these two out of here. I don't want to kidnap another one."