Matt - They are not a clone!

"I love these films," Edd grinned, chuckling as the movie's credits appeared on screen. "It's a shame the rest of the world thinks it's 'the lowest of trash'." He looked at me with a frown. "Why in the world would they even think that? These films are freaking brilliant. They didn't even give them a try."

"They are still not here," I muttered, my arms crossed and pouting as I glared at the floor. "They promised to bring me popcorn! I bet they ate it all themselves!"

"Who cares about popcorn?" Edd asked, getting annoyed at me.

"I do!" I squeaked.

He just rolled his eyes and let out an exasperated sigh. Then he asked, "Um, Matt... where are Tom and Tord?" He didn't even listen one bit to what I had said before, did he?

"I don't know, but they promised me to get popcorn! It's been at least an hour since I asked! How can they be so cruel to let me wait for popcorn for an hour?!" I whined. I really loved sweets, but the others wouldn't let me eat them because I was 'out of control' if I ate too much. Apparently too much sugar made me a crazy maniac and they didn't want me to burn our house down a second time. But did I really do that? I couldn't remember any of it. Anyway, I enjoyed every single time I got to taste sweets, but now I couldn't because the fusion wasn't back yet. What if they ate it? The thought alone made me absolutely furious.

"They have been away for... an hour? That's strange... Tord loves these films and Tom likes teasing you at the end of the film for being scared that your face gets destroyed by one of these monsters. They would never miss the end of it..." He seemed to think about it for a short moment, before he shrugged. "They'll probably be fine. They might have just needed fresh air or something. Let's go out, we will find them soon enough."

We stood up from our seats, him smiling and me pouting. He never listened to me. I followed him back inside the main lobby to see two men standing next to a door. One of them, I think he said he was the evil director once, was furious. He ground his teeth and glared at the other one, a male with an eyepatch who looked bored out of his mind. He must be used to it.

"How? How could you lose him, Larry?! Is it that hard to follow a clone with four arms and put him back into one of the reject rooms?!" the evil director hissed, his face turning red from anger.

"It would be easier if you wouldn't have over two hundred doors in one corridor," the assistant stated calmly. "And if you would use more lamps down there. Seriously, you can't see a thing in there."

"That's just plain idiotic! Just use the night vision goggles! Why have I not fired you yet, Larry?!"

"Probably because I am the only one thinking you aren't completely insane, unlike your other assistants before me. And if I had taken the night vision goggles, the clone would have escaped anyway. It would have taken too long."

"What is all of this about?" Edd asked, raising his voice. "What... exactly do you mean with 'clone'? I thought we killed every single one of them years ago."

"The reject clone you brought here with you escaped!" the evil director shouted as he glared daggers at Edd. "This never happened before! How did you even find that one?!"

"Reject clone?" I repeated, raising an eyebrow. "What even is a reject clone? We came here with our friends. They are just in a very bad situation..." Forever apparently. Was I allowed to say that? They couldn't stop me. But they had threatened me with something they would undoubtedly follow up on...

"'Friends'? Don't you mean 'friend'? Anyway, he is obviously a reject, you can see it when you take a simple look at him. So don't even try to lie to me," he answered, giving us an annoyed look. "Look, I don't have time for you right now, so just leave."

"Our friends aren't a clone though!" Edd said.

The evil director raised an eyebrow, slightly amused. "And what else should this clone be, in your opinion?"

"They are a fusion," I replied truthfully. Even if Tom and Tord didn't want people to know, this was about their own safety. "You know, this thing when two people become one being? They did that by accident."

"...what...?" the evil director murmured, his pupils dilating.

"There are a lot of rejects acting like they are multiple people at the same time. I already told you those are behaving just like fusions," Larry sighed, facepalming.

"Fusion... hmmm... a Star like that would probably make a good movie..." the evil director muttered, one hand on his chin. His assistant just rolled his one visible eye.

As they kept talking, I looked around the room and noticed six silhouettes sneaking up the stairs. Four of them looked really weird in a way that made me cringe, one looked exactly like our Tom (for a moment I actually wondered if they had been separated again) and the last one were Tom and Tord. I opened my mouth to say something to the other three, but the fusion shook their head at me. I was way too confused to say or do anything at that moment.

Edd, the evil director and his assistant were still talking to each other, so they didn't even notice the six people walking out of the building. Our friends actually stayed there, waiting for us with their arms crossed, while the other five said something to them before running out of sight.

"Edd, can we go now?" I asked. I had decided to keep what I saw to myself. If anyone knew what I had seen, they'd just get angry at me. No way I'd deal with that.

"Alright," Edd replied. "But first we have to find-"

"There they are," I interrupted him, pointing at Torm who gave us a nod when they noticed everyone was now looking at them.

"O-oh."