Tom - Red plus blue equals purple

I didn't know how long we were just sitting there completely motionless, staring at the ground and saying nothing. What was there left to say? We were fucked, plain and simple. It could have been five minutes or half an hour, maybe even more than that. Time was irrelevant.

Stuck like this... forever... I couldn't help, but repeat those words in my head in an endless loop of misery.

This couldn't be real. It had to be fake! I was probably just dreaming, yes. In a few seconds I would wake up and everything would be perfectly fine. Tord never came back in the first place, so I didn't fuse with him. Matt would annoy me with his stupid attitude and Edd would make puns. Everything would be like it always was.

But I didn't wake up. Instead, I continued to wallow in self-pity. It was a childish thought, that it was all a dream and deep down I knew it.

"We... we will be fused forever," Tord gulped after some time.

"Yep." I had bo energy to argue against the truth.

"So what are we going to do now?" Tord asked, his voice uncharacteristically quiet. I didn't know how, but somehow I could tell that he was feeling just as helpless and scared. The thought of being stuck with me until we both died terrified him. It did nothing to make me feel better.

"What do you mean, commie? What even is left to do? We're stuck for fuck's sake." I had to act like always, pretend like I was simply pissed. I didn't want to show him how scared I was. I wanted to keep my dignity.

"Edd and Matt aren't home yet. It will be some time until they're back. So let's make a decision. Do you think... we should tell them? Do you think it would be worth it?"

"Tell them what?" I snorted. "That we just found out we're stuck like this until we drop dead? How do you think they'll react? Edd will obviously freak out! He'll be hard to deal with. I don't want to be pitied. And Matt... Matt won't even get what's going on."

Tord sighed. "Yeah, you're probably right. Sorry for bringing it up."

"But I still have a question, sunshine lollipops." That was a lie, I had lots of them. But I didn't want to push things. He'd just get pissed off at me.

"What is it?" he asked, obviously annoyed already.

"Why did you try to find an antidote for a healing serum? That's just dumb."

"It is NOT!" Tord huffed, crossing his arms. "I know a few very crazy people who know how to reverse almost everything! They have an antidote for almost every single invention ever invented and every poison on earth. I wanted to invent something nobody could reverse. An ultimate weapon! After my test, I tried to cut the reconnected skin. It was impossible. I couldn't hurt myself there. Yes, I manage to scratch it on some parts, but it worked!"

"So you basically want to say both of us were turned into an 'ultimate fusion weapon' and we can't get killed that easily?"

"You can say that," he replied.

"It's kinda ironic your 'great invention' turned out to be so fatal for you," I chuckled. "Life's just shitty. Kinda funny that I'm not its only punching bag."

"Shut the fuck up, Jehovah's witness. Nobody asked for your opinion," Tord growled.

"Tom, Tord we are back!" Edd suddenly shouted, interrupting our argument before it could turn into another brawl. "We bought some new clothes for you!" They fucking did what?! I groaned, hitting my head with the palm of my hand. This was just bullshit.