23

I just wanted to say thank you for all the reads and votes, like it just hits different 🖤 and y'all funny af I love when I get comments.

Also promise, the pain will be over soon 🖤✨ - A

Waking with a start, you realized you had fallen asleep without thinking about school the next day, with good reason to.

Blindly fumbling for your phone, you turned it on to see the time and waited anxiously while it loaded.

Seeing you had woke up fairly early for going to sleep so early last night, you let out a breath as you laid back down on your back, phone on your chest and hands resting on your stomach.

Your thoughts were swirling around in an anxious haze, in particular one pushing its way to the front of your mind.

You would see Katsuki in class today.

Play "Unending" by Lume

Groaning, you rubbed your sore eyes and sat up in the bed.

You remembered the promise to yourself last night. You allowed yourself to pour out your emotions then, but today you needed to get your shit together.

Forcing yourself out of bed, you shambled over to your bathroom and looked in the mirror.

Oof.

Sighing at the puffy bags under your eyes and the still dry and sore nose from being sick, you began the shower while stripping off your clothes.

You decided to do your full luxury shower routine, feeling like it was a day deserving of it. You especially needed that small boost of confidence self care would normally give you today.

Stepping out to dry off, you wrapped the towel around your body and wiped a hand down the mirror to look at yourself again through the fog of the bathroom.

Better. But I still look dead in the eyes. Fuck..

Pushing away from the counter, you walked to your closet to pick out an outfit.

Looking for something that put forth a little effort but not to show you were actually trying that hard. You were aiming for 'unbothered' in front of...him.

(I'm gonna let y'all imagine whatever outfit you feel your baddest in)

Applying just enough makeup around your eyes for them to look less swollen and irritated, you decided to sit down and attempt to go through your phone.

This morning you had noticed dozens of missed calls and texts, but you looked past them in avoidance to just look at the time instead.

Taking a deep breath, you pressed on the screen and opened the text messages first, frowning sadly at the name you had put for him.

Katsuki 🔥:
Pick up the phone
We need to talk
Answer damnit
Please answer.
Please. I swear I didn't-

Clicking off the text, not wanting to continue reading, you deleted the chat and then changed his name to Bakugou. You thought you should probably block him but you didn't quite have it in you to do that just yet.

You simply deleted the voicemails he left. You didn't want to hear those either. You knew you'd break into pieces all over again at the sound of his voice.

Forcing back any tears as to not smudge up your makeup, you thought about breakfast but ultimately you weren't hungry. You can fake it well on the outside, but inside you felt cold and hollow.

Checking the time and seeing that you should start heading to class, you silently gathered your things and headed out the door.

Stepping closer to the classroom, you felt anxiety prickling away at you. Your heart felt like it was in your throat as you opened the door, your eyes habitually going towards his seat.