29

Time had flown by.

Fall semester was coming closer to an end, your winter break approaching fast and you couldn't wait for the break from classes and assignments.

Unfortunately, with the break came another problem for you.

Katsuki was going to meet your parents.

After some debate inside your head, you finally decided that your parents were going to be a part of your life no matter what, and you wanted them to know how important Katsuki was to you.

The plan was to have a dinner date at your parents house, where you grew up, once this semester was over so that you would both have time to fly down there.

Sitting on your bed, you flopped back and sighed loudly.

"What's going on in that head of yours?" Katsuki asked as he was finishing up an assignment on his laptop currently at your desk.

"I'm just anxious about going to my parents." You muttered, staring off at the ceiling and mentally tracing the swirl designs that the painters had placed there.

Tacky.

"Care to elaborate?"

With another sigh, you began your ramble.

"Seeing them again after last time is going to be awkward, I just know it. Even though they apologized. And then the stress of putting you through it too. On top of going back to the house where all that shit went down. I just can't really find a silver lining in any of it." You ended your small rant, chewing on your bottom lip in thought.

You heard him shuffling around the desk and felt the bed dip down beside you, making you turn your head to look up at him as he leaned down beside you.

"It's gonna be awkward at first, yea. But you could also be getting an opportunity to restart with your parents. As much as they've done, I know deep down that's something you want."

You listened to his words, glancing away when you knew he was right.

He continued. "And I'm going to be there every step of the way. If you feel like you don't want to go into that part of the house, just tell me. I'll make sure we have other arrangements. But you won't know about any of this until you try."

"I hate that your right." You rolled your eyes but had a small smile on your face.

"Damn right I am." Katsuki smirked at you, and wrapped an arm around your waist to pull you closer to him, placing kisses on your cheeks moving towards your mouth.

Curling up into him, you allowed yourself to settle down but the anxiety kept its claws dug into the back of your mind.

_______________________________

The day had come for you and Katsuki to fly out. Finals were over, and you were allowed a week of brief respite before you had to kickstart your anxiety about him meeting your parents.

Taking your seats while waiting for the flight to board, your leg was bouncing up and down repeatedly while you mindlessly nibbled your thumb nail.

Feeling a large warm hand place itself on your thigh, your leg ceased it's movements.

"It's gonna be okay. And if it's not, I'll make it be okay." Katsuki reassured you, and you gave him a small smile.

"I'm happy your with me. I just keep playing every scenario that could possibly go wrong in my head and it's driving me crazy."

Katsuki opened his mouth to respond but a voice over the intercom interrupted him, announcing that your plane was preparing to board.

Once the interruption was over, Katsuki stood up and held his hand out for you to take.