chapter 5

Fern had being pleading me mercilessly for the last 5 hours, I couldn’t even sleep. She actually took a sleeping bag and forced herself inside my room to camp there. All night, I was answering questions about Leo Gallagher. I rubbed my eyes jadedly, as I walked to the classroom. “You’re late.” He announced, staring at me.

I smoothed my t-shirt down, “cut the crap. What do you want?” I demanded, gazing right into his illuminating green pupils. “I forgot to tell you, you’re supposed to stay temporarily at my house as well.” He told me.

 Did I hear correctly? I had to stay in the same house as Mr arrogant and obnoxious for four weeks? “No way!” I yelled.

“I’m guessing you have $100,000 cash for me then?” Leo Gallagher cocked an eyebrow.

“You blackmailing jerk!” I shouted, “That wasn’t even in the damn contract.”

Leo Gallagher nodded, “So I made a new one.” He then offered me a pen and a new piece of paper.

“I’m not signing another one.” I snapped, crossing my arms. Leo Gallagher took out his cell phone and started dialling. I stood my ground.

“Hello, its Leo here, can you help me take two girls off the student list please, Hail.......” I snatched his phone away from him. Frantically, I stabbed the button to end the call. “It’s no use; it only reads my finger prints.” He said, looking at his cell phone.

 I almost bit myself in surprise, when was these things invented? Who even has a phone that identifies fingerprints? “It’s limited edition technology, maybe two years later, it will be available for the public to purchase on the market. Commoners wouldn’t know it.”  Leo Gallagher explained, flipping the thin flashy object in his hand.

“End the call!” I shouted.

“Relax, I was only playing with you, I hadn’t even called.” He smirked.

“So you were talking to nothing before?” I rolled my eyes.

 He just shrugged and offered me the contract.

“I’m a girl. I can’t just start living with you.” I complained.

“Don’t make it sound that repulsive. We’re only going to be living in the same house and having the same meals together. Technically we wouldn’t even see each other.” He said.

“Thank god!” I hollered in relief.

“You don’t need to worry, considering I’d rather have my genitals cut off than to touch you!” Leo Gallagher sneered.

“Either way, I’m not going to be living with you.” I stated firmly.

“In that case, please do not interrupt my call.” He replied, turning towards his showy cell phone. “Give me the damn pen then.” I hissed in defeat.

 Leo Gallagher dragged a hand through his blonde hair triumphantly, his pink lips stretched into a large amused smile. I couldn’t help but think he looked stunningly attractive at that moment. My heart was also beating faster than usual. “Old crushes die hard.” He said, catching me gaping.

I glared at him, feeling extremely perturbed. Unruffled, he stretched out his arms and yawned loudly, the hem of his shirt rising up a few inches, revealing a little of his golden, toned stomach. So much for not looking, I didn’t even know I had so little self control I thought, unable to tear my eyes off his midriff. “What are you, a pervert?” Leo Gallagher frowned at me.