chapter 8

“Get in the car.” Leo Gallagher pleaded for the fifth time, driving grandma speed on the road in his flashy Bugatti Veyron. “No.” I snapped, running away faster. But what was the use when you were racing the fastest car in the world?

With no effort at all, Leo Gallagher stepped on the accelerator a little. “I know my words were a bit malicious, but it was the truth.” He claimed, with one hand on the steering wheel.

“I’ve had enough of you and all your insults. Go to hell.” I hissed, turning away from him angrily.

“Don’t want to.” He answered, turning off the engine. I ignored him and continue to walk away, I heard the car door open, but I didn’t dare turn around.

“Guess I’m going to have to do this the hard way,” Leo Gallagher yelled loudly, ten metres from behind me. Before I knew what was happening, I was lifted off the ground and onto his broad shoulders.

“Let me down,” I yelped, beating my fists on his back. Unintentionally he loosened his grip a little, so I was uncomfortably facing his ass.  Much to my despair, hitting his back was no longer an option. I let my hands rest jadedly to the side, and refused to touch his backside.

“Good view, down there?” He teased jokingly. “Ass!” I swore back brashly.

“Correct. That’s what it is genius.” Leo Gallagher snickered. My face turned as red as a tomato. “That’s not what I had meant.” I spluttered. As of that moment, I felt incredibly relieved that he couldn’t see my crimson face.  With no sweat, he placed me down in the front seat, locking the door immediately, blocking any possible attempts of a quick escape.

“You made me late for school,” he complained monotonously after getting in. I completely disregarded him.

I heard him snort in understanding, “you’re amusing, you know that?” I rolled my eyes in comprehension, “and you’re one extremely vulgar, perverted douche bag.” I snapped back. “But you like it.” He smirked deviously. I rubbed my temples in exaggeration.

“For the love god, just don’t talk to me...” I groaned.

“Gladly.” He grinned winsomely then turned on the radio.

The whole car ride to school was awkward, so Britney Spears music filled up our ears instead. Not that I’m complaining of course, anything would be better than listening to Leo Gallagher’s offensive insults.

When we arrived, I opened the car door only to find it locked. I raised my eyebrows at Leo Gallagher questionably.

“Your shoes.” He pointed to my converse clad feet.

Gritting my teeth, I flicked the unlock switch. It didn’t budge.

Must be one of the bad things about expensive cars, only the driver himself could unlock it,

I gave him a infuriating glare, which he pointedly ignored.

“Change your shoes.” He ordered tonelessly, and gave me an expensive looking shoe box. Reluctantly, I took it from him and opened it.

Inside were the nicest shoes I had ever seen in my life. It was a dark blue pair of sneakers that were partly sequined and had a white sole.  I reached inside the shoes to pull out the price tag that was still attached. “$600?” I screamed. Leo stuck both fingers in his ears, giving me an odd look. “I’m not wearing this. This is way too expensive, it’s ten times the cost of my converses.” I told him.

“It’s Jimmy Choos Sneakers, what did you expect?” He responded incredulously.

 “Knowing you, you’d probably deduct the amount from my pay.” I said, narrowing my eyes at him.