chapter 11

Please comment or vote if you can people!!!

I really wanted to post chapter 11 so its a short one guys!

Darlene had taken me to a guest room in Jackson’s house, she was present during the fight, so she understood what had happened.

“Will someone tell me what that was all about?” I finally said, surprised that I could still talk. But Darlene looked as shocked as I was, “well, apparently Leo Gallagher and Cameron Reese are brothers.” She explained, stating the obvious.

The door burst open and Leo walked in, pulling me out of the room harshly without a valid reason. He pushed me inside the car and sped back home, I was praying for my life the whole time.

“Did you know I spent all night looking for you,” Leo Gallagher said in a controlled tone, his voice sliced into the thick tension that had settled in between us.

“I –“

“Did you even know how worried I was, when I couldn’t find you?” He continued, not letting me answer.

“I felt sick to my stomach, I saw the way the guys had glanced at you and they looked like they were ready to eat you! I hunted down every single bedroom in the house, and ran around the driveway three fuckin times; stopping every single car I could find, to see if you were inside!”He swore heatedly, his voice noticeably rising.

I took out my cell phone and there were 28 missed calls from him. My guilt expanded five times more than it was before now.

“I called you so many fuckin times but you never answered. I looked like a desperate guy running around like a crazy fool.” His voice cracked angrily, and I felt my heart break a little in response.

“Then I find you, snuggling up to that bastard, looking at him with an expression of a 5 year old girl!” He paused, looking me straight in the eye.

He was hurt, even a fool could figure that out. Averting my eyes, I glanced back at the road, unable to meet his broken windows to the soul. “Why do you care?” I murmured quietly to myself, but he heard it.

Eventually we pulled up at the driveway and he answered my question, turning to me, he spoke so icily that my heart froze in fear.

“Don’t get the wrong idea. I was merely doing all of this out of responsibility. That’s all there is to it. I could never genuinely care for someone like you. On a more a professional term, I think you ought to do your part by staying away from him.” Leo said cruelly, his emerald eyes dull and deathly cold.

He cut my heart into pieces, the moment he got out and walked away without a second glance.

***

I cried myself to sleep that night, unrequited love was painful; wanting something you knew you could never have. It smashes your pride and breaks you down into a hard, empty shell of nothing in the end.

But there was no use crying over spilt milk, there was more than one guy in the world. I had no reason to beat myself up over him. After three more weeks, we would never see each other again. Luckily, the school was so large that it was almost impossible to find someone unintentionally.

Three more weeks, I told myself.

***

The next day at school, the school was buzzing with the news from the party. Leo Gallagher and Cameron Reese are related, stepbrothers!!! Would people get a life and get over it already.  

I sat under the tree with my apple, taking a bite, I felt someone plop down next to me. “Hey,” a deep voice said.

“Can I sit here?” Cameron asked sheepishly.

“What happened yesterday between you and Leo is not any of my business.” I told him calmly, pushing away my curiosity. “Sibling rivalry happens all the time.” I added absentmindedly.

“It’s not as simple as that.” Cameron said darkly.

“Why not?” My head snapped back to face him questionably. So much for not being nosy.

“It’s nothing.” Cameron lied, changing the subject hastily. “So-“

“What are you doing out here?” Leo Gallagher interrupted him, glowering at me.

“I don’t think that’s any of your business!” I snapped, and then remembered the contract.

Cameron glanced at me, with an amused look on his face. “Call me,” he gestured with his hands, and then slapped a note in my hands. He waved at me over his shoulder, before heading off.

“You can’t even maintain a professional relationship, huh?” Leo stated cold-bloodedly.

“And you can’t even shut your god damn mouth for one second!” I yelled obnoxiously, I was catching attention, but who cared. Leo Gallagher was going down, and it wasn’t going to be pretty! I’ve had enough of his petty insults.

My pride was already as bruised as it is. “You know what? Stuff you! You can also stuff that stupid contr-“ I started to yell but suddenly stopped.

Why? Because he pressed his lips onto mine.

My heart fluttered, the warm sensation of his soft lips caused my insides to spark up like fireworks. But this wasn’t a kiss. He was merely just shutting me up, by pinning his lips forcefully on mine. It was my first kiss too. Bastard! I tried to pull away, but he let his fingers intentionally tangle through my hair, tugging me closer to him.

I’m not going to lie, kissing Leo Gallagher was probably the best thing I’ve ever felt, but I couldn't possibly enjoy it when it was done in this situation.

I don’t know how long he held me there, in that position, one hand on the back of my neck, tangled in my hair, the other on my waist to prevent me from running away, while his mouth was stuck to mine, like honey and bees.

No....Air......

I tried to breathe through my nostrils, which probably looked ridiculous while you were being kissed, but hey if you want to live, you’ve got to do what you got to do.......

Leo Gallagher smiled against my lips, then finally pulled away chuckling, unable to hide his laughter. The instant we lost physical contact, my body got taken over by this incredibly weird feeling of loneliness that I’ve never felt before. Sure I had no friends, but I never felt lonely, only independent. His touch made me reeling for more, it was that addictive.

My eyes widened in realisation...Oh god, if this was what drugs were like; I swear I would never do them. It would be the end for me; I knew I wouldn’t be able to control myself when it came to that feeling.

“You mongrel!” I hissed at him, trying to be angry. I was failing. Astoundingly.

How can you want to jump on someone as well as be mad at them at the same time? The feeling was so raw, it was bloody unbelievable. So I said the one thing that could excuse myself from his and every observer’s presence.

“Thanks to you, I’m going to have to wash my mouth with soap now.” And I did, with all of them watching.

As I expected, the soap did taste horrible....