Chapter 24

Hey, so as promised I've uploaded this pre-written chapter.... =D

Thanks for commenting and voting, but it's a little disappointing when I have 400 reads and only 19 votes  =( It's just a click.... Puleaaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!  0 ~ 0

I understand the commenting thing though, since half the time, I really can't be bothered to write a comment even if the story is really good. Actually, I only write comments when I have the time.... XD

^ _____________ ^

***

My stomach was growling like a thunderstorm by the time I had reached home. Giving Cameron’s driver an apologetic glance, I glared a hole at the rumbling part of my digestive system.  

I had stayed with Cameron for a couple of hours, as hungry as I was, my well mannered conscience had told me that it was no time to be mentioning food! So figuratively, I stabbed a fork in my abdomen and blocked out its frequent whines and insults at me.

Upon leaving Cameron’s jaw-droppingly worthy penthouse, I was promptly presented a business card. In a sincere tone, Doctor Martin told me he was extremely grateful for my help today, and if I ever needed anything in the future, I should not hesitate to contact him! But before I could even request for food, their driver had already stopped in front of me; in a sparkling black Mercedes. So shoving the crisp business card into my pocket, I gave them a weak smile then climbed inside the awaiting car.

As the auto vehicle stopped outside the tall gates, I leant my head outside the window and spoke into the speakers.

This incident seemed really familiar; in fact I could’ve sworn I did the same thing with Nurse Mackenzie just a few days ago.

“It’s Hailey!” I shouted.

“Don’t let her in.” A familiar conceited male voice ordered in the background.

“But young master – “The security guard started to protest.

Don’t let her in? Leo Gallagher sure had guts to ban me from my temporary home! “I guess I’ll just sleep at Cameron’s tonight then...” I yawned in response.  

Almost immediately, the closed iron gates swung open. The driver looked at me admiringly, having heard the whole conversation.

Trust Leo to pull such a childish stunt, I thought in annoyance.

Cameron’s driver courteously opened the door for me, and gracefully I stepped out; feeling like a movie star. But before I even had time to mutter my thanks, a hand grabbed my wrist and started dragging me inside.

“Leo!” I yelled, struggling to escape his firm grip. Stubborn-headedly, he ignored my objections and kept striding in the opposite direction I wanted to go.

When we reached the living room, he finally dropped my hand.

“Thank you.” I snapped sarcastically, rubbing my wrist for effect. But in truth, it didn’t hurt at all.

Remembering my manners, I proceeded to run out of the room to thank the driver, but was instantly pulled back by the collar.

“Where do you think you’re going?”” Leo demanded loudly.

“Let go of me!” I thrashed and squirmed like an octopus with eight tentacles.

“By any chance, do you have a crush on that man or something?” He cocked an eyebrow, as if he was actually contemplating that possibility.