Chapter 36

Didn't want to make you guys wait too long for this....=)

I had a lot of fun writing this chappie!!!!!

Three days later*

“Get out, you’re absolutely not welcome here!” My mother snarled at the person behind the door.

My eyebrows crinkled up in bewilderment, she was usually not the most polite woman, but was far from the rudest. So who was she talking to?

I sneaked up behind her, and almost fell in surprise. “Hailey dear, I’ll handle this.” My mother assured me, and turned away to look back at him. Leo.

“Mrs Aries, I just want to have a word with her, please” He beseeched.

“Definitely no, I told you that if you ever make her cry again, I would make sure you’ll never see her again!” She shook her head firmly, granting him a glower.

“Mother, just give us two minutes.” I said, choosing to disregard the stunned look on her face.

“Hailey, I thin- Alright.” She sighed, giving in.

Shutting the door behind me, I stepped outside and folded my arms guardedly. “What do you want Leo?” I snapped. Glancing at him, I felt myself swallow; he looked like he hadn’t slept for days. There were black bags around his usually vibrant eyes, and visible stubble along his jaw. What exactly happened to him? I thought.

Leo took a step closer, and I got a whiff of alcohol. Great, he’d been drinking. “At least take care of yourself if you’re not with me. Why do you always have to make me worry about you?” I muttered under my breath.

His eyes flickered to mine for a second, and my heart stopped. He couldn’t have heard me, could he? But Leo always heard everythin-

“I miss you Hailey.” He suddenly croaked.

I inhaled sharply, my heart beating furiously at his words.

Unexpectedly, Leo wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a bone-crushingly tight hug, my face squishing unattractively against his chest.

“I missed you so much, I thought I was going to go craz-“ His voice broke at the end, like he was in pain.

I cringed. All of a sudden, my chest hurt again but this time, for an entirely different reason. My heart ached for him.

How I wanted to drape my arms around him, and place my head against the crook of his neck. How I wanted to kiss him senseless and chain him to my side forever. How I wanted to tell him how much I really lov-

Stop it, I scolded myself. He was getting engaged for Christ sakes, with a girl who looked like a supermodel, no less. He probably had a fight with Brittany and didn’t know where to go. He probably – “Don’t do this Leo, don’t make this harder than what it already is.” I whispered softly, and gently I pulled away from him.

Blinking at me, Leo placed a gold envelope into my hands. Suppressing the urge to groan, I glared at it warily. Fantastic. Another bloody letter.

“Trust me one last time.” He whispered with sincerity.

But before I could say anything, he pressed a quick kiss to my forehead, lighting up the few remaining sparklers from the bottom of my stomach. Closing my eyes, I rejoiced the feeling, having forgotten about the way he made me feel.

And then he was gone.

Holding the envelope in my hands,(the only evidence that Leo was right here before)I tore it open.“You’ve got to be kidding me!” I barked, glancing at the Red card.